Vice President, Global Alliance Management
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Vice President, Global Alliance Management in our Cambridge Massachusetts office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our over 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Watch our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Vice President, Global Alliance Management working on the Global Alliance Management Team, you will be empowered to establish and lead Takeda s overarching strategy for partnering best-practices across the company globally, and a typical day will include:
- Leading the Global Alliance Management function, including direct management of the US, EU, and Japan based team.
- Directly managing a portfolio of alliances.
- Lead the strategy development and implementation of alliance management best-practices globally.
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic initiatives to further establish an alliance management capability that enables Takeda to achieve its growth plans and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve alliance objectives. Serve as direct contact for partners executives as necessary.
- Ensure that the GAM team is successfully designing governance for new alliances, launching new partnerships, and leading the ongoing governance of existing alliances.
- Monitoring the success of all alliances and ensure that GAM leads the successful execution of our partnered programs.
- Lead impasse resolution and serve as consultant and mentor to GAM team members for ongoing skill improvement and to resolve particularly difficult alliance issues.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to Global Alliance Management function.
- Support and coach executives involved in partnerships to help imbed partnering best-practices across the company.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced Degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management, corporate training, or
- Extensive experience in alliance management and business development
- 10-15 years of R&D, sales, marketing or other relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Minimum of 10 years in management-level positions with increasing responsibilities including significant executive level experience
- Experience designing, leading, and implementing strategic initiatives to create organizational alignment and/or establish new capabilities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including senior management members, to accomplish shared goals
- Experience working with long-term partnerships
- Deep understanding and leadership experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical research
- Clinical drug development and approval
- Pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Licensing and business development
- Project management
- Leadership Ability to provide leadership to Takeda s executive teams across the company. Demonstrate confidence, decisiveness and a willingness to listen effectively to influence as well as engage others in the accomplishment of shared goals.
- Strategic Thinking Ability to lead the development and overall global strategies.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills Ability to utilize executive skills persuasively and diplomatically at the highest levels across functions globally.
- Comfortable working with top management and cross-functional peers, internally and externally. Able to constructively voice opinions on sensitive issues to top management.
- Cross Cultural Leadership Ability to successfully lead groups from all over the world understanding the business cultures of each region.
- Problem Solving Skills Ability to serve as internal advisor to help resolve the most complicated issues.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen Ability to set the strategy and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within the pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Good teamwork skills. Ability to deal with all types of people. Understands others needs and motivations. Interpersonal savvy.
- Outstanding decision quality. Consistently demonstrates good judgment.
- Negotiation Ability to effectively represent Takeda s interests to an external party and agree on terms that are favorable to both parties.
- Legal Contracts Ability to help design and understand contractual agreement structure, terms and obligations.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include:
Subsidized onsite parking and public transportation passes
Company-paid volunteer days
Company match of charitable contributions
401(k) with company match, and annual retirement contribution plan
Adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement program