Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Operational Data and Analytics in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Operational Data and Analytics working on the Data Sciences team, you will be empowered to provide strategic and technical leadership and lead global efforts to define critical information needs. A typical day will include:
The director of data and analytics will be responsible for the adoption and utilization of technologies, models and methods for operational data analytics across R&D. He/She will:
- Collaborate globally to provide strategic and technical leadership, sponsorship and accountability for the management of business critical R&D information and related knowledge management systems. Prioritize and oversee portfolio of projects ensuring alignment of activities and standards.
- The Director, Strategic Operations will oversee the integration, reporting and analysis of operational data generated from the R&D process. System linkage and information output will support quality decision making at all levels of the organization (with respect to portfolio planning, resource forecasting, R&D operations, and financial analysis). Key/primary stakeholders include Executive Level staff.
- Develop, maintain and advance a vision and strategy for information/knowledge management within R&D and interfacing global functions and divisions.
- Lead global efforts to define critical information needs and use cases and propose iterative solutions to meet business requirements (and ensure support for strategy and data continuity).
- Define and lead strategic initiatives based on metrics and capacity planning data.
- Drive improvements in R&D portfolio performance through capture and application of internal and pharmaceutical industry benchmarking information and associated internal Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Strategically benchmark performance against the industry in business planning, strategy and development execution. Present performance variances and opportunities to the Executive Management to identify appropriate alternatives and propose business solutions in the interest of increasing productivity and balancing cost, time and quality.
- Deliver accurate and timely clinical management information to enable the organization to focus on key priorities and enhance its ability to deliver work (e.g., studies/projects) on-time and on-budget (including developing systems to improve reporting or access to data).
- Partners with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products
- Coaches, develops and mentor employees (team) on data science tools and methodologies
- Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Minimum 8 years experience in Technology implementation or R&D Operations including experience with clinical trial, financial reporting, and/or project management systems and processes
- Demonstrated, thorough understanding of the drug development process
- Previous experience in working in an global organization
- Successful cross-functional team leadership experience
- Critical skills are leadership, communication, team building and organizational skills as well as attention to detail, accuracy, initiative and technical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver accurate information in a timely manner.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Ability to demonstrate through leadership and innovation.
- Ability to earn trust and respect.
- Ability to lead and promote change.
- Ability to think strategically and translate vision into actions.
- Ability to lead and manage teams working business critical business performance projects.
- Excellent analytical and judgment with demonstrated ability to gather and interpret complex information from multiple internal and external sources to enable high level decision making and strategy formation.
- Ability to work with people at all levels and in a global environment, and well developed oral and written communication skills to present complex concepts to a wide audience with varying levels of understanding.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, corporate partners, additional Takeda sites.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.