Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Cell Culture Pilot Engineer IV in ourCambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Cell Culture Pilot Engineer IV, you will be empowered to work with a team of motivate scientists and engineers who are accountable to the evaluation of processes at pilot scale. You will be responsible for cell culture operations in Takeda's mammalian pilot development laboratory, from vital thaw to the production culture in bioreactor. A typical day will include:
- Accountable for the all cell culture aspects of the pilot laboratory, from vial thaw to the completion of the production bioreactor.
- Work with pilot team, project teams and cross functional peers to plan, execute and summarize pilot campaigns and pilot scale-up studies
- Prepare complex experimental protocols. Reviews, interprets and communicates process data (e.g., to supervisor, project teams) and prepares technical reports.
- Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues, identifying opportunities for improvement and planning and implementing resolution
- May participate actively on project teams to discuss strategy and data interpretation
- Identify and/or support evaluations of novel cell culture technology within pilot area
- Serve as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in cell culture as a functional resource/trainer.
- Biologics - Pilot: Must be familiar with operation of steam-in-place, clean-in-place bioreactor systems. Must have experience with bioreactor process control, such as PID algorithms and operation/tuning of bioreactor controllers.
Must have experience with fed-batch mammalian cell culture processes used in the production of protein-products. Must be familiar with GMP operations and have a comprehensive understanding of process development, engineering scale-up criteria (power consumption, gas transfer, etc) and full-scale manufacturing. Familiarity with single-use bioreactors is helpful but not required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience,
- Previous experience working in lab setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions using appropriate information
- Teamwork Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication - Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Advanced proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.