Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and
support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at
Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Medical Director, Clinical Imaging Scientistin our Cambridge office.
The Clinical Imaging Scientist/CNS Therapeutic Area (TA) Liaison is leading imaging biomarker work across all of Takeda s TAs, with particular focus on exploring novel and established imaging technologies (incl. PET and MRI):
- to support drug discovery and development of the Takada pipeline;
- to assess feasibility, potential routes towards assay development, validation and implementation into translational and early phase clinical studies to support business critical decisions for the Takeda portfolio.
- to support imaging biomarker work in all of Takeda s therapeutic areas, with particular focus on exploring novel and established imaging technologies in CNS.
The imaging biomarker work will be carried out through external collaborations, and it is expected that the position will cultivate relationships and contribute to building and maintaining a preferred Imaging Center Network for Takeda.
- Provides strategic and technical input to imaging biomarker development and implementation for both preclinical research and early clinical development projects with assigned TA.
- Establishes network of external imaging centers to assist team in conducting imaging studies
- Work collaboratively and facilitate a cross functional group of MD and PhD s and operational staff in order to efficiently and effectively enable the conduct of imaging studies across technological platforms, and geography
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships with translational research into early clinical development (Interface with researchers in Drug Discovery Unit [DDU], Translational and Early Clinical Research [TREC], and Therapeutic Area Unit [TAU] teams)
- Represent Imaging on Global Project Teams (GPTs), Translational (TSTs) and Clinical Sub-Teams (CSTs) to support imaging strategies and implementation plans
- Provide imaging expertise to early development working groups that support the development and execution of biomarker and personalized medicine strategy and implementation plan
- Support Imaging leadership in representing Takeda at imaging consortia, alliances, and collaborations
- Partner with clinical operations, quality, procurement, and contracting groups to support study team implementation of imaging studies
- Guide discovery scientists in building translation research plans to translate preclinical imaging modalities into clinical research
- Partners with Translational Biomarker Research, Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacogenomics, and other functions as appropriate to support the biomarker plan, and ensures that clinical imaging biomarker plan is supported by translational research data
- Advises and consults on both preclinical and clinical imaging studies
- Ensure that clinical imaging biomarkers results support data-driven clinical ePOC (early Proof of Concept) go/no-go decisions
- Contributes to developing and testing companion diagnostics (CDx) strategy for later stage implementation
- Evaluate cutting edge novel Imaging technologies
- As an in house Imaging expert will work across all phases of development. Will work with clinical development teams plus other advanced technology groups and preclinical development teams to optimally devise and implement imaging biomarkers in drug development plans and clinical studies.
- Provide advice and recommendations to development teams about the appropriateness, utility, feasibility, limitations and benefits of various imaging techniques for use in POM/POC, profiling, registration trials.
- Ensure the proper implementation of imaging in clinical trials by scientific guidance on choice of imaging core lab and external imaging collaborators, by input into study protocols and imaging -specific trial documents, and by oversight of imaging -component conduct and imaging deliverables.
- Contribute to Imaging group maintaining a state of the art knowledge of clinical, technical and scientific imaging advances and assess these advances for their potential value in lean and efficient clinical studies including Proof of Mechanism and Concept studies.
- Serving as a knowledgeable Takeda representative on imaging issues to external imaging experts, imaging biomarker activities and consortia.
- Contribute to developing external relationships with key academic imaging centers , imaging diagnostics companies and imaging CROs
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD/PhD or MD
- Minimum of 7-10 years of clinical imaging experience along with pharmaceutical drug development and translational/early clinical plan development.
- Cross-imaging modality expertise strongly preferred (MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, X-ray) including basic science knowledge of preclinical and clinical imaging modalities as well as design and implementation of clinical imaging trials.
- Knowledge of preclinical imaging science and data to enable 2-way translation to clinic and back.
- Experience in managing teams in the pharma imaging-related context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including presentational capabilities.
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage in collaborative discussions on imaging biomarkers in innovative drug discovery from early preclinical through to late stage development.
- Ability to apply innovative imaging technologies in a fit for purpose manner in the drug discovery process.
- Experienced in lean clinical development
- Knowledge of basic science
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to travel to both internal and external meetings, including overnight trips. National and international travel is required.
- Requires approximately 20% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER
- 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs
including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation
and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO
employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers
qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable
laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or