Medical Scientific Liaison, IBD Belgium: Vlaanderen
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as MSL, IBD for Belgium: the Flemish-speaking part (mostly Flanders and Dutch-speaking KOLs in Brussels).
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Watch our Medicine for the World video: Watch our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison, IBD working on the Belgian Medical Affairs team, a typical day will include:
- Provide local country field-based support from the medical function in order to achieve the company s goals.
- Identify and develop strong sustainable peer to peer relationships with external stakeholders to support the medical/scientific credibility of the company
- Main medical contact person for KOLs throughout Flanders and parts of Brussels
- Reporting into the Medical Affairs Manager, IBD
- Fluent in Flemish/Dutch. A good command of French and English
- Medical/Scientific Affairs
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to develop Takeda in the respective therapeutic area; i.e. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Proactively identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their needs, segment them accordingly and implement targeted approach and tactics in order to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Supports ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attends motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and informs other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Shares in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provides clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Facilitates unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research on IISR proposals and on Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS)
- Development and support of national disease registries and RWE projects for relevant disease areas
- Understands leverage points of the patient journey