Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Director, Analytical Development - Biologics in ourCambridge, MAoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Analytical Development - Biologics, you will be empowered lead the assay development, method validation and transfer, and characterization activities for antibodies, ADCs and other therapeutic proteins. You will contribute to the development of a comprehensive characterization strategy for biologics from pre-IND to commercial launch. A typical day will include:
- Manages staff with accountability for performance and results of team.
- Provides technical /departmental leadership by fostering development of skill sets among staff, and providing guidance on project leadership and cross-functional awareness
- Develops cross-program strategies covering technical, regulatory, and resource considerations with limited oversight.
- Serves as a technical resource to guide group members in strategic decision making; Recommends and implements new technologies and innovations as appropriate.
- Leads CMC subteams and/or other cross functional teams.
- Establishes and manages operational processes within the department/function.
- Contributes to wider cross-functional/cross divisional strategy and drives initiatives to completion.
- Develops and manages strategies for departmental infrastructure, resources, projects, etc. in conjunction with senior staff.
- Identifies topics for initiatives and leads local/global department initiatives
- Identifies potential changes within department in infrastructure, processes and scientific rationale and leads aspects of the change planning as appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 15+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 13+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Significant technical and strategic leadership experience with direct accountability for managing a team of direct reports.
- Solid understanding of regulatory expectations regarding biologics development from early-phase programs to launch.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment with accountability for informing departmental or functional strategy.
- May require approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.#LI-SM1