Operational Excellence Manager
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Operational Excellence Manager in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Operational Excellence Manager working on the Program Management team, you will be empowered to lead Program AGILE at our biologics manufacturing facility, and a typical day will include:
- Identifying inefficient business and manufacturing processes at the Brooklyn Park, Minnesota manufacturing site
- Leading teams to implement projects that improve the efficiencies of these business and manufacturing processes
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma processes to improve quality of the current manufacturing processes at the site
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma processes to improve personnel safety at the site
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma processes to improve compliance to business processes
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma processes to reduce the cost of goods to manufacture Takeda products at the site
- Proactively strive to instill a continuous improvement culture within the various business functions located at the facility to ensure the timely supply of quality products to Takeda markets and ultimately, to our patients.
- Is a role model with a continuous improvement mind-set, impact driven with a strong commitment to deliver.
- Proactively drives the AGILE Program at the facility. Develops and implements Continuous Improvement in alignment with the Global AGILE Team, leading to significant improvements in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Delivery, Cost and overall patient/customer satisfaction.
- Supports business leaders in establishing and aligning Lean/Six Sigma improvement and execution/monitoring methodologies to business strategic plans for the facility, including growth, quality, cost out and cultural change plans.
- Has the ability to perform detailed stakeholder analysis and develop change management models that maximize outcomes, executing improvement workshops in a manner that promotes operational excellence and drives for optimum solutions.
- Providing support to the Site Management and functional leaders in the development and deployment of AGILE Program, utilizing continuous improvement methodology across all projects. Helps to create the future state as it relates to shortened value streams, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures
- Provides leadership, coaching and training as appropriate to local Continuous Improvement teams.
- Enhance current operational excellence training at the site
- Enhance current AGILE business processes and implement new AGILE business processes
- Lead periodic program updates with site leadership team
- Support business leaders to build justification for their continuous improvement projects
- Coordinate project approval process with site leadership team
- Manage the Program AGILE projects at the facility
- Lead AGILE teams to drive these projects to completion resulting in improved process efficiencies that improve the product quality, improve employee safety, improve site compliance and reduce the cost of goods
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience
- University degree within Engineering, the Sciences, Supply Chain, Business or similar
- Wide professional experience in the fields of Project Management and Operational Excellence
- Wide professional leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill set to influence the direction and attainment of objectives without having the formal leadership role.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and relationships cross functionally
- Strong background in Training and mentoring of Six Sigma/Lean concepts at multiple levels
- Experience with complex decision and planning processes
- Experience in Value Stream Mapping
- Experience with other Lean processes and tools
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma processes and tools
- Ability to present, teach coach and mentor team members across the site
- Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Black Belt Certification in Six Sigma and Lean disciplines is preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include:
Company-paid volunteer days
Company match of charitable contributions
401(k) with company match, and annual retirement contribution plan
Adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement program
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.