Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across 70+ countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people s lives including your own.
The Director, US Payer Marketing will be responsible for the development and implementation of key brand strategies and initiatives that are focused on the U.S. payer and reimbursement environment to support the overall US commercial strategy. This role will be responsible for collaborating with multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Market Access, Sales, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy and Global Medical Affairs.
- Provide commercial direction, input, and decision making at all stages of brand strategy and operational plan execution
- Develop and execute brand strategy, including identification of key market issues and opportunities, critical success factors and franchise strategies, key tactical programs and portfolio positioning and messaging
- Formulate competitive strategy and associated messaging to effectively position Takeda products within the marketplace
- Support management by conducting analyses, synthesizing strategic inputs and providing strategic recommendations
- Work collaboratively with Sales Management to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation of promotional programs
- Evaluate franchise performance against budget to ensure a cost effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting
- Represent marketing function as the PMRT reviewer for all promotional material
- Represent marketing function at alliance team meetings when applicable
- Identify market research needs, align on market research plans and translate findings into portfolio strategies and forecasting assumptions
- Work and manage all vendors/agencies successfully and effectively
- Drive cross-functional coordination representing the both the brand and marketing department
- Collaborate with Market Access to communicate new promotional initiatives to field personnel in an efficient and accurate manner
- Oversee Market Access Strategy Development and Execution across the franchise
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or science required
- Minimum of 2 years of market access experience
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience with a minimum of 5+ years in U.S. pharmaceutical marketing (pre-launch or in-line) or relevant experience
- Experience in a leadership role within a multi-functional commercial organization without clear reporting authority is required. Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix and multi-cultural environment aiming towards strategic alignment for commercial success
- Track record of successfully defining market issues and opportunities and developing successful marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, initiative, creativity with experience in product positioning and messaging
- Knowledge and understanding of the drug development, regulatory review and commercialization processes for specialized products Experience in successfully representing the commercial perspective during the regulatory/legal review of launch promotional materials
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex strategic initiatives, including a demonstrated understanding of the tools and methodologies needed to develop assumptions for a business case, market and competitive analysis, customer needs and primary/secondary research sources to support hypotheses
- Enthusiasm, confidence, ability to work on multiple tasks, problem solving ability, creativity and ability to prioritize effectively to meet personal, team and company goals
- Strong preference for experience in hematology/oncology marketing, including launch experience.
- Hematology/oncology commercialization process experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the management of individuals and teams strongly desired
- US pharmaceutical sales experience in a specialty market preferred
- Launch experience in oncology strongly preferred
- MBA a plus
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.