Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that
will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of
your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Global Middleware Platforms in our Cambridge office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than
31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an
unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity,
Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of
research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health
and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in
our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring,
bold mission. As a Head of Global Middleware Platforms working
on the Integrations Services team, a typical day will
HEAD OF WORKFLOW AUTOMATION AND FILE TRANSFER:
The Head of Workflow Automation and File Transfer is a member of the Global Enterprise Platform Services (EPS) team and is responsible for defining and executing Takada's global automation and files services strategies. Reporting to the Global Head of Enterprise Platform Services, the candidate will provide technology vision and leadership and collaborate closely with leaders within the functionally aligned information technology teams to develop the strategy, establish standards and define the operating and governance model for the global automation and file/data transfer services.
- Work closely with senior IT and business leadership to define and execute the global automation and file transfer strategy and roadmap.
- Continually evaluate strategy and roadmap with stakeholders to ensure value is realized.
- Define and maintain standards and best practices for automation, job scheduling and file transfer services.
- Develop service model and build internally staffed and outsourced team to deliver these services to the organization.
- Research and recommend new data-related technologies and makes formal recommendations related to solving business objectives.
- Oversee solution implementations ensuring projects meet customer expectations.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership in the design, definition, planning, development and operation of the automation and file transfer platforms.
- Create and maintain an environment that encourages skill growth, teamwork, and a high level of engagement.
- Oversee financial management in area of responsibility which includes an annual budget and interim updates (LBE s), track and report actual performance, manages variances.
- Current technologies and platforms: Cisco Tidal Scheduler, Hitachi JP1, Ipswitch MoveIT
- Develops, initiates and maintains global policies and procedures related to workflow automation and managed file transfer
- Lead the development and periodic updates of managed file transfer roadmap; ensure ongoing alignment of team's activities with the direction and requirements of development system strategy.
- Oversee/coordinate the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of MFT and workflow automation capabilities.
- Manage creation of necessary architecture deliverables including data flow diagrams and reference architecture
- Manage strategic vendor relationships including platform vendors, support and development partners
- Develop and maintain key relationships across the IT and business organizations. Interact with leadership on a regular basis to develop strategy, roadmaps and manage expectations
- Manage and direct employees. Develop organizational structures to meet objectives. Accountable for human resource processes including career development, salary reviews and performance management.
- Oversight of existing platforms and processes to deliver required services to meet the expectations developed with stakeholders
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years of IT and line management experience, which includes project management experience, people management experience and 5 years as a second line manager in the IT function.
- Project management experience, including management of full lifecycle implementations for major application implementation.
- Application management/operations experience.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Analytical Skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data and derive actionable insights.
- Management ability to set priorities, align stakeholder expectations, and develop and execute an associated plan of action
- Relationship Management and influence skills ability to engage effectively with colleagues with different backgrounds and areas of expertise
- People Development ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of staff members and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Bachelors or other advanced degree.
- In-depth Pharmaceutical industry and drug development experience.
- Experience with validated systems
- International travel required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu
shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to
purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of
minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified
applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more
information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.