Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Data and Analyticsin ourCambridge, MAoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Data and Analytics, you will be empowered led lead the adoption and utilization of technologies, models and methods for science driven data analytics across R&D, and a typical day will include:
- Lead the implementation and operational activities of Takeda R&D use cases utilizing scientific data for insights and broad effect.
- Drive the definition, design, implementation and validation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques.
- Prioritize and oversee portfolio of projects ensuring alignment of activities and standards.
- Advance socialization of techniques and new technologies throughout organization.
- Oversee the ingestion and classification of diverse data sources, such as clinical trial data, electronic health record data, insurance claims data, and disease, patient data
- Deliver on data-driven research projects through organization of team efforts and hands-on approach
- Actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate medical or business questions into data and analysis requirements
- Partners with domain experts to verify and drive model capabilities and translate modeling outputs into business language
- Partners with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products
- Coaches, develops and mentor employees (team) on data science tools and methodologies
- Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS) in a data-related field with a substantial scientific and statistical component
- 10+ years experience working in pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare / health IT industry, and 5 + delivering end-to-end data analysis projects
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of management.
- Seasoned data scientist with experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis and industry models/standards
- Advanced knowledge of a subset of analytical approaches (ex. machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, visual analytics)
- Experience in observational healthcare data analysis
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (electronic medical records, claims, etc) is preferred
- Experience with Hadoop platforms (Cloudera a plus) and related big data technologies is preferred
- Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (ex AWS, Azure, etc) is preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, corporate partners, additional Takeda sites.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.