This position has the primary responsibility to contribute to expanding Takeda s pipelines by evaluating and capturing innovative technologies related to biomaterials and drug delivery innovations that create transformational therapies. This person will establish and maintain direct external relationships with innovators and entrepreneurs and seek innovations predominantly from academia, biotech start-ups, and early stage venture-backed biopharmas. The candidate will support and expand contact relationships on behalf of M & I group. This director-level candidate will be expected to be a leader in conceptualizing a wide variety of new medical technologies with the ability to reduce new knowledge to practical laboratory settings by establishing internal and cross functional research collaborations within Takeda.
- Strategically develop rationales and champion themes for Materials and Innovation that directly impact Takeda core therapeutic interests and scientific adjacencies.
- Pragmatic scientific leadership with that incorporates internal research and external business models for developing new technologies to pre-IND phase.
- Make technological connections by rapidly assimilating information from literature, scientific meetings (internal and external), scientists and engineers, scientific technical concepts, theories and experimental data.
- Identify, and follow through on capturing external innovative science in the areas of emerging biology and technology in a cross-functional and global collaboration setting (both Material and Innovation identified themes as well as opportunistic innovations).
- Build a diverse global KOL, innovator and entrepreneur networks by directly contacting and engaging these experts, especially in emerging areas of emerging innovation.
- Responsible for representing portfolio projects and relevant Takeda stakeholders in key therapeutic areas.
- Establish a contact relationship database, detailing interactions and knowledge gained on meetings, including power point presentations, scientific notes, and details of the relational needs from the vantage point of the external contact.
- Public representative of Takeda s Materials and Innovation- Articulate presentation of technical endeavors and opportunities. Construction of concise power points and clearly presenting synthesized ideas from technologies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- For Scientific Candidate: PhD, MD/PhD, DVM, DDS or DPharm required
- For Medical Candidate: MD or MD/PhD or equivalent (DO) required
- For Commercial Candidate: Bachelor s degree in Business or related field required, MBA or other related graduate degree desirable, with education or professional experience in biological science preferable
Experience and Knowledge
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or post graduate experience. Or a combination of 10+ years in industry and academic experience with 3 or more years of post graduate academic experience in laboratory or clinical research or clinical practice with 3 or more years in biotech/pharma with experience in small molecule or biologics drug delivery or drug-biomaterials formulation. Experience preferred in- biotech, medical devices or pharmaceutical start-up, business development, or corporate venture investment.
- Basic science or medical research experience from doctoral or postdoctoral studies or through employment in the biotech area of drug delivery devices as related to CNS, gastroenterology, oncology or vaccines.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more basic science areas, including, but not limited to: molecular, clinical, or chemical biology with emphasis on drug delivery or biomaterials.
- Established track record of relevant technical publications, patents, and participation in successful business fundraising is highly desirable.
- Preference given to candidates that have industry experience in innovation scouting/ alliance management resulting in clinical applications of novel technology.
- Entrepreneurial outlook of medical product development.
- Strategic skills: Ability to understand emerging business opportunities and incorporate into strategic business plan.
- Scientific skill: Ability to analyze competitive intelligence and a wide variety of scientific data including financial figures, and scientific and market research data to make good business decisions.
- Relational skill: Ability to nurture relationships, develop and analyze development plans, nurture advancement of programs over extended periods of time, develop strategies to exploit technologies.
- Technical skills: Ability to foster open and thoughtful exchanges of information and ideas, and successfully influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication skills- Must be able to articulate science and business concepts, especially to non-scientific people.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Ability to travel and orally present M&I initiatives in public settings.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel may be required.
- Requires approximately up to 50 % travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.