More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Regional Access Manager (RAM) is responsible for reimbursement of all TPUSA products across key payer and provider accounts within a defined geography. The RAM is responsible for understanding the distinct market dynamics within their geography to create access for TPUSA s products. They are responsible for developing strategic account plans aligned with corporate objectives, and negotiating to provide access for all TPUSA products within their accounts in alignment with those objectives.
- The RAM is the liaison between TPUSA and strategic Regional accounts which may include: regional health plans, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Independent Delivery Networks (IDNs), Integrated Health Systems (IHSs), hospital systems, employers and other key potential customers as appropriate based on TPUSA s expanding portfolio. The RAM is also responsible for National accounts in their geography in coordination with National Account Manager (NAM) initiatives, or as otherwise directed by the Sr. Director, National MM/ Specialty MM.
- Demonstrates Account Management fundamentals such as developing needs-based account plans that include Managed Markets, Contracting, Marketing, Sales and Medical strategies and tactics, articulating a high impact value proposition, broadly penetrating the account and negotiating favorable agreements for TPUSA.
- Regularly evaluate account plans to ensure they continue to meet strategic business objectives. Prepare and present account business plans and contracts to Regional Director, Sr. Director National MM/ Specialty MM as directed, and other TPNA management as appropriate. Coordinate execution of the account plan across internal functions including Managed Markets, Contracts & Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Medical and other home office support functions.
- Maintain relationships in assigned accounts with key points of contact to include (at a minimum) pharmacy director, medical director, lead contracting personnel and other key decision influencers to ensure the most favorable access and reimbursement for all TPUSA products in alignment with the account plan. RAM also identifies appropriate contacts based on local needs to include, but not limited to: budget holder, KOL, key pharmacy, prescriber and nursing influencers.
- Demonstrates understanding of the nuances of payer access and reimbursement at assigned regional, state, and local levels as well as key provider account influences on access and reimbursement. The RAM utilizes internal and external experts to stay up-to-date on the latest access and reimbursement issues and trends at the national and regional level.
- Actively engages and educates the local Sales teams on product access across the portfolio as well as the business dynamics that influence product utilization within specific markets. The RAM will partner with Sales Leadership to identify access opportunities within a geography or account and contribute to leading pull through strategies and initiatives. Work within established protocols to regularly communicate and deliver formulary updates and status reports to enhance the field sales force execution in their region.
- Coordinates with Cross Brand Marketing to develop and implement programs that support contracts, positively impact sales, and meet TPUSA guidelines
- Use available tools and resources to monitor and evaluate industry/managed care trends and communicate relevant information to those who are impacted (i.e. Sales Forces, Leadership, and Managed Care Accounts)
- Strategically manage assigned budget and other resources
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years of previous management or account management experience.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings/client sites moderate overnight travel required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.