Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that
will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of
your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Medical Director or Medical Director in our Deerfield, IL office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than
31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an
unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity,
Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of
research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health
and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in
our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring,
bold mission. As a Senior or Medical Director working
on the US Medical Affairs team a typical day will
Please note that the requirements specified in this posting are the basic qualifications required for the Sr Medical Director position; however, job title will be dependent on the candidate's level of experience in those requirements.
- Develop and be accountable for the medical strategy for assigned molecules
- Work within the matrix organization and ultimately be accountable for all medical affairs deliverables for assigned molecules
- Serve as the in-house medical and scientific expert for molecules within the CNS therapeutic area and represent US medical affairs on various governance committees as appropriate
- Interact internally with and support colleagues from Alliance Management, Business Development, Government Affairs, Managed Markets, R&D, Marketing and Sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external experts through Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and Conferences, etc. in support of common scientific objectives.
- Seek input and alignment with key internal stakeholders on therapeutic area initiatives (e.g, research gap analysis, communication plans, novel indications, etc.)
- Provide medical and scientific direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, NDAs and Supplemental NDA s, etc)
- Either directly, or indirectly through supervision, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within your therapeutic area(s).
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input, including review and sign off of materials for medical/scientific presentations and publications.
- Interact internally with senior level management requiring negotiation to guide the overall activities of the specific compound and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Professional Associations and Meetings to achieve Takeda s scientific objectives.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD degree with current or recent board certification in internal medicine and/or psychiatry and/or neurology
- 5 plus years of experience in industry and/or academic research experience; or equivalent combination of experience
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs
Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to travel, the work environment includes exposure to both inside and outside working conditions. Temperature and length of exposure varies depending upon meeting location and transportation.
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites limited overnight. Some international travel may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu
shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to
purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of
minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified
applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more
information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.