More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Lead lobbying effort on behalf of Takeda through the establishment and maintenance of professional trusted advisor relationships with Members of Congress, staff, executive branch and federal agency officials. Execute and coordinate federal government affairs positions and strategies on legislative, policy and political regulatory issues impacting Takeda.
- Advise Takeda leadership on appropriate business goals and strategies that may have impact to Takeda from federal legislative, executive, and regulatory activities. Consult with appropriate business and corporate personnel in making such determinations, providing recommendations for formulation of action plans.
- Develop and execute proactive policy and strategic plans to influence legislation and federal agency actions for both corporate and business/product specific initiatives.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Political Affairs, to determine political action committee giving strategy.
- Manage day to day Takeda relationships with PhRMA and other trade associations and participation in relevant staff-level work groups in order to advocate for Takeda s desired objectives
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships with key organizations, coalitions, policymakers and agency officials.
- Increase leadership and business unit understanding of, and participation in the policy-making and political process on behalf of Takeda. Collaborate with home office and business units for input on critical issues and involve appropriate executives to advance Takeda s positions with policymakers.
- Manage external lobbyists and consultants to effectively implement Takeda s legislative, policy, and political strategies
- Partner with state government affairs on policy and legislative activities to leverage resources and enhance Takeda presence with policymakers.
- Develop strategy to enhance Takeda s branding and presence with elected leaders and key stakeholders in Washington DC and throughout the federal government.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required. JD or MBA desirable
- Minimum 10 + years experience in public affairs & policy, legal, marketing or sales with a minimum of 5 years in positions of increasing responsibility and experience in government affairs, public affairs or public policy in pharmaceutical/health care industry.
- Demonstrated healthcare experience with Federal/State Legislative and Executive Branch regulatory and administrative processes
- Strong political acumen to effectively build sustainable relationships and establish positive corporate identity
- Proven contact network, involvement and success in influencing the development of federal legislation and strong knowledge of the federal/State legislative and regulatory processes including understanding of Federal healthcare programs i.e. Medicare/Medicaid, VA, DOD etc.
- Established relationships with members of Health Care, Legislative, Regulatory, and Policy community including relevant Congressional committees, staff and federal agencies
- Able to effectively interact with policymakers, executives and possess outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills to synthesize complex issues and persuasively articulate specific actions and initiatives
- Experience in managing projects, including overseeing work plans, budgets
- Team player in collaborating, supporting and implementing department and function initiatives to advance corporate agenda
- Strong skills in assessing national trends and policies to identify and recommend appropriate strategies and action steps to protect and advance business interests
- Ability to refine team strategy based on anticipated future changes. Projects future trends of the industry and global forces to make proactive adjustments
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings, conferences or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 25 % travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx