More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Marketed products are an important part of Takeda s overall business strategy and our promise to patients. The R&D Marketed Products Group (MPG) is a dedicated R&D group consisting of cross-functional R&D resources that provide support and seek ways to enhance the efficiency, expertise, and quality of products that have been on the market across the globe.
This position provides project management and leadership skills to global, cross-functional, cross-divisional teams in addressing the challenges and driving the activities necessary to optimize these products in the marketplace to meet Takeda s strategic objectives.
Responsibilities include strategic direction and translating the cross-divisional, integrated Global Program Team (GPT)/ Established Product Team (EPT) product/program strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, monitoring slippage and developing strategies to get back on plan and navigating through the internal governance for projects. The position works closely together with the Global Program Leader (GPL) and Established Products Sub-Teams (EPSTs), as well as other CMSO and Commercial functions, to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategy is integrated into an operational plan. The Director may also lead key initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-divisional impact and that are critical to the objectives of MPG and/or global business operations. This role will identify and drive innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and will take on, as needed, non-project responsibilities which can include project management processes and systems. This role may have direct people management responsibilities.
- Leads the cross-divisional project planning efforts of the Global Product Team (GPT)/ Established Product Team (EPT), joint Project Teams in the case of Alliance projects, or other cross-functional teams in defining and implementing the product strategy and operational plan. For GPT/ EPT this implies managing the creation of the product strategy framework as well as the operational plan and formulating the project scope, plan, execution strategies & critical paths with the team. Responsible for coordinating governance approvals for the key project deliverables.
- Proactively identifies and drives project and resource priorities that align with the business objectives.
- Addresses and resolves product challenges, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance concerns). Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations
- Establishes, communicates and executes plans resulting in achievement of project goals.
- Drives and manages the creation of product strategies and presents these strategies to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Provides clear and targeted messaging to teams, translating corporate priorities into clear and meaningful team goals.
- Provides direction and obtains buy-in of all team members to integrated product strategy.
- Identifies ways to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards.
- Continuously and efficiently manages stakeholders at various levels and across functions. Ensures all Marketed Products stakeholders are involved as appropriate.
- Partners with MPG MD and MPG R&D Function Leads to coordinate R&D functional support for assigned products.
- Partners with the Global Program Leader (GPL) to manage the global, cross-functional, cross-divisional GPT through the project plan execution and hold to the highest standards for operational excellence in drug development and life cycle management. Drives GPT/EPT deliverables for project completion for assigned products.
- Proactively identifies potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies and follows issues through to resolution ensuring that all GPT/EPT issues arrive at a singular conclusion or recommendation.
- Partners with the GPL/ EPT to manage a global, cross-divisional budget for on-market/established products. Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT/EPT spending risks and opportunities.
- Leads the GPT/EPT project risk management process in the team and generates the cross-functional, cross-divisional project risk register for assigned products.
- Works closely with the Global Program Leader for a product to balance operational execution with R&D and commercial strategy.
- Manages project status reporting including scheduled as well as ad-hoc updates.
- Participates in the annual portfolio analysis process to ensure accurate information and timelines are completed to support project recommendations to Senior Management.
- Provides direction to less senior Project Managers who support project activity progress and reporting. Mentors and trains team members on project management tools and knowledge management as needed.
- Orchestrates the involvement of appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional, cross-divisional and Alliance partner individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups.
- Generates collaboration, cooperation and communication globally across divisions and functions and between regional representatives in the team as well as with applicable Alliance partners (by leveraging the experience and knowledge of a diverse workforce crossing R&D, Commercial and Business Development).
- Supports external vendor management and works closely with global CRO partner(s) for appropriate functional support.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is desired
- Thorough knowledge (minimum 8 years) of pharmaceutical industry and experience in Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing or other drug development related function
- Minimum 7 years experience as a project manager leading complex pharmaceutical project deliverables in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
- Minimum of 4 years people management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing a global, matrix team.
- Experience in intercultural cooperation
- Proven leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for management
- Strong influencing skills
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Project leadership and management skills are required
- Therapeutic area expertise is desirable
- Ability to predict issues and solve problems by independent resolution
- Ability to articulate and establish processes that have impact cross-functionally, cross-divisionally and cross-geographically
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate an interfacing and cross-geographical team
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Highly effective communications skills written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- A solid business background as well as excellent commercial understanding are essential
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically in conflict situations
- Highly effective presentation skills create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time
Fluent in English
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- May travel to the US and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Approximately 25% travel is required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.