More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- We are seeking a Global Brand Head responsible for leading all aspects of the development and implementation of short and long-term product strategies/tactics and global marketing plans.
- This position serves as the leader of the cross-functional Global Brand Team and the direct line manager of the Global Marketing, Global Market Research, and Global Marketing Project Management functions for the brand.
- The ideal candidate is a strong leader who has global experience and is results-oriented, highly collaborative, and focused on bringing new drugs to patients.
- This role will execute brand initiatives in alignment with the global strategy in collaboration with key global functions (Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Legal, Supply, and Communications) and well as key countries (U.S., Japan, Germany, France, UK, Brazil, Indonesia) and regions (Europe, and Emerging Markets).
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS required; Although personal leadership characteristics and track record are the most critical components, a scientific or medical educational background and/or an MBA are a plus
- 10 - 15 years pharma/biotech industry experience and 5-7 years product marketing experience with some of this time in a global role. Previous oncology launch experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years people management experience.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
- Scientific understanding of oncology therapeutics, current and future therapeutic options as well as oncology drug development. Experience in the lung cancer or ALK space a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead cross-functional matrix teams and cross-regional projects, and participate as a team member will be critical to success in the role. Proven success in building and leading high performing teams.
- Thorough understanding of a) core marketing principles and their application to pharmaceutical products, b) the evolving market access landscape and the requirements for pricing and reimbursement globally.
- Good understanding of how to produce strategic brand plans and pull through to successful execution, a good working knowledge of clinical development and regulatory affairs processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to travel internationally.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.