More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The objective and purpose of the Manager, US Medical Affairs Research position is as follows:
- Manage all aspects of the US Medical Affairs Research program including Medical Affairs Company Sponsored Studies (MACS) and Investigator Initiated and Sponsored Research (IISR) studies for multiple therapeutic areas and product programs. Manage TA and product level study budgets and communicate study activities to internal stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage the activities of USMA research project managers, including the initiation, tracking, completion, and reporting of studies.
- Responsible for the conduct of MACS and IISR studies within assigned TA in accordance with all applicable internal legal and compliance policies as well as external regional and country specific regulatory guidelines.
Serve as the US Medical Affairs Research therapeutic area lead for interfacing with internal stakeholders (e.g. GMA Region and LOC medical leads, TA Medical Heads, alliance partners, etc) and external investigators to develop and execute USMA research plans and budgets.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required, preferably in a health sciences related field with 5 years of research related experience and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Proven track record of strong leadership, project management and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal and regulatory guidelines associated with pharmaceutical industry research and external granting functions and the ability to use knowledge to make sound operational decisions.
- Ability to communicate and interact thoughtfully, transparently, and appropriately with a variety of clients both internal and external to Takeda.
- Strong understanding of finance principles and their use in managing program budgets.
- Ability to drive to or fly to internal departmental meetings and/or external medical association meetings.
- Moderate level of domestic and international travel may be required to attend key internal and relevant global meetings.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.