Project management is the science of progressing our pipeline, and the CoOP oversees its scientific integrity. The primary objective of the CoOP is to optimize and support the operational effectiveness of Takeda s research and development strategies, principally by optimizing cross functional project team performance. This leadership role will be responsible for establishing and leading CoOp function. Role objectives include:
- Surveying for barriers that prevent operational effectiveness and working cross-functionally to tear them down.
- Harnessing opportunities to ensure excellence in planning and execution
- Optimizing and sustain project management (PM) best practices
- Oversee performance transparency by collecting and distributing performance metrics from a single source of truth
- Track single asset and cross-portfolio events, including anticipated study starts, and share with relevant R&D and corporate functions
- Working collaboratively with the Portfolio Strategy team to facilitate data driven decision making
- Partnering with R&D and commercial leadership, the ultimate customers of the CoOP, to ensure operational strategies and objectives are aligned
- Optimizing communication streams from project teams (GPTs and subteams) to senior management and back down
- Accountable for overall leadership of the CoOP including defining its vision, strategy and key performance indicators, hiring, training, staff assignments, coaching, mentoring, and performance management of reports.
- Lead a team of project managers (PMs) who will be responsible for:
- Standards for R&D information collection resulting in improved accuracy and timeliness of program plans and other data while, as practical, increasing transparency, information access and efficiency
- PM best practices that ensure Takeda has efficient and competitive processes for planning and executing drug development programs
- PM and CoOP staff development to foster a culture of continuous improvement including insights gained through engagement with the external environment
- Facilitate the system to track and monitor program objectives/goals.
- Lead the central Project Management Office (PMO), which will serve as a central repository of project management skills globally to support GPT and Functions activities
- In collaboration with key stakeholders lead project team innovation activities, such as change management activities, asset strategy refinements, and support of external engagement activities.
- Partner with R&D Finance to drive, implement, and sustain resource allocation models that align efforts to tasks
- Partners with divisional and regional management to ensure that projects are aligned to facilitate global information sharing in a productive and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Strategy and Portfolio Management to ensure accurate information is distributed transparently to key stakeholders in order to support operational effectiveness
- When necessary, serve as a mentor to project team members in all parts of the organization
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree science or business-related field required. Advanced science or business degree preferred
- Minimum 14 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 10 years of managing teams in a global matrix team environment or managing people.
- Minimum 8 years experience in R&D Operations including experience with clinical trial, financial reporting, and/or project management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated, thorough understanding of the drug development process
- Previous experience working in a global organization
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of project management skills and methods; PMP desirable
- Proven leadership skills and strategic problem-solving ability; ability to predict issues and identify solutions
- Able to influence outcomes and key project decisions
- Ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functionally
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Requires the flexibility and tolerance to best manage change and differing opinions with diplomacy and competence.
- Strong communications and presentation skills written and verbal; create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills: Proactive, management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Negotiation and strong persuasive abilities, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Experience with project tracking software (such as Planisware) is desirable
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel will be required.
- Requires approximately 15 % travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.