Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that
will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of
your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Director, US Medical Affairs - Gastroenterology in our Deerfield, IL office.
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader
with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We
have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years
while we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and
Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and
a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring,
bold mission. As a Medical Director, US Medical Affairs - Gastroenterology working
on the US Medical Affairs team, a typical day
- Lead medical and scientific TA/product initiatives within a matrix environment including oversight and execution of Medical Affairs Company Sponsored Studies (MACS) and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR).
- Provide scientific insight and medical expertise in the development of medical, research and commercial strategy for assigned compounds by participating in and leading cross functional committees.
- Either directly, or indirectly, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within the specific therapeutic area.
- Lead and execute Medical Advisory Boards in order to understand and address unmet medical needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant Professional Associations to further develop the profession, education and create visibility and awareness for Takeda.
- Provide medical direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, Supplemental NDA s, etc)
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input.
- Perform medical and scientific review of investigator initiated study proposals, as required.
- Provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the respective therapeutic area of expertise, as required.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives that further our business, and support other departments within Takeda such as Managed Markets, Marketing, New Product Planning, Government Affairs, SPP (TPC), and some R & D related projects, etc.
- Applies medical knowledge and product expertise to add value and uphold the integrity of Takeda products within the research and medical community.
- Ability to articulately and professionally communicate data both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of scientific data and translates these data into relevant scientific communication.
- Communicates and partners with internal and external stakeholders to lead productively within a matrix organization and maximize team effectiveness.
- Ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables and models for others to use.
- Demonstrates ability to use confidence, decisiveness and a willingness to listen to, influence and engage others in the accomplishment of functional goals..
- Applies compliance expertise and insights in every activity and to navigate and explain the options and constraints within an increasingly compliance driven environment.
- Ability to predict broad-based changes in business partner environment and translate them into functional strategies to continually meet business partner needs.
- Applies expertise, insights and holistic understanding of the big picture to play a key role in strategic planning and decision making processes
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD degree with at least 7 years of relevant clinical practice, research, academic and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking.
- Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (15 - 30%), including some weekend commitments.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu
shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to
purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of
minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified
applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more
information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.