More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The OR Group Lead, functions within the U.S. Medical Office (USMO), which contributes to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative products in the U.S. As a senior member of USMO, the OR Group Lead will play a key role in helping shape strategy, identify best practices, and contribute to the development of best-in-class OR. The OR Group Lead provides team leadership and oversight with substantial latitude to develop and manage product and program specific OR strategy, plans, budgets, contracts and studies. The OR Group Lead will provide outcomes research leadership for assigned therapeutic area(s)/product(s), and will specifically:
- Provide oversight and direction to OR team to ensure high performance standards.
- Lead cross-departmental teams and influences via relationships in order to build research and partnership strategies that support the lead product(s) (Global Outcomes Research, Managed Markets, Marketing, Pricing and Reimbursement, Brand Teams, etc.)
Apply advanced scientific expertise and knowledge of the payer market to develop and execute outcomes research, quality improvement, and other related projects that are in line with US Medical Product strategies and overall corporate goals and objectives
- Serves as OR product lead for assigned therapeutic area(s) (TA) of strategic interest to Takeda
- Leads the OR team for assigned product, managing individual and team performance and development to achieve OR objectives.
- Is the OR point on Product Medical Teams and alliance OR Team (if applicable), providing input into medical and research strategies and tactics to generate rigorous scientific data, generating outcomes research plans for assigned product(s) and TA(s).
- Leads the development of OR value propositions and storyboards to differentiate Takeda U.S. products.
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholder colleagues including Global Outcomes Research, Payer Marketing; and external key opinion leaders to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned, representing the OR research function on corporate cross-functional teams.
- Provides oversight in the design, implementation and management of observational research studies, including retrospective and prospective analyses, burden of illness, patient reported outcomes, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, epidemiology, health services research, and adherence studies. Develops and revises health economic models, including budget impact, cost effectiveness and comparative effectiveness. Conducts post-hoc analyses of trial data to generate outcomes endpoints.
- Responsible for cost center budget managing direct and indirect spends across team and related projects.
- Oversees Rapid Response initiatives related to assigned product(s) and therapeutic area, leveraging internal capabilities and expertise.
- Provides input at Phase 2, 3b and IV protocols to measure outcomes endpoints of importance to the U.S. market.
- Reviews and approves outcomes research protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), reports and relevant budgets.
- Leads the review and approval process for all US HEOR concepts, proposals, contracts, study reports, and publications through communication and coordination with therapeutic planning teams for assigned TA.
- Communicates with relevant internal and external audiences, which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners, payers, health systems, patients and others. Promotes effective communication of study findings as appropriate, through conference presentations, publications, dossiers and other means.
- Provides or leverages team product specific expertise in training for Field Medical OR publications and dossiers.
- Coordinates with commercial and publication teams to promote the publication strategy and develop FDAMA 114 plans.
- Supports the development/revision of AMCP dossiers.
- Maintain awareness of scientific developments in assigned therapeutic area(s), new and innovative methodologies, and trends in the evolving healthcare landscape, to assure incorporation into U.S. Medical strategies and research plans.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- No unusual physical demands are expected in this position.
- Manual dexterity is expected sufficient to use or operate office equipment (computers, phones, etc.).
- In this position, one should be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (e.g., while traveling).
we are driven to improve people's lives
- Travel is approximately 25%; Some international travel may be required.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.