- This position will be primarily responsible for scientific and competitive intelligence with monitoring and analysis of competitor landscape for some Takeda R&D's strategic areas such as GI, CNS, regenerative medicine (including immunooncology and cell therapy).
- This position will also be responsible for strategic oversight and delivery of emerging science & technology intelligence and global R&D trends to Takeda internal R&D stakeholders to support their decision making for the future R&D strategy.
- This postion will analyze information from various sources such as scientific conferences, databases and journals along with collaborative works with other relevant groups in Takeda Data Science Institute (TDSI).
- This position will also perform as a liaison between US stakeholders, such as TAUs, DDUs, and CEI and R&D Qualitative Analytics (RDQA) based in Shonan and Osaka.
- Other responsibilities will include involvement in team-based initiatives and deliverables and supervision of managers for their supports of US stakeholders.
- Responsible for intelligence strategy and deliverables for assigned therapeutic areas and scietific areas (e.g., analytical report on competitive product landscape) in collaboration with RDQA (Osaka and Shonan). Search and conduct strategic analysis with gathering appropriate information from various sources including scientific conferences, databases, science journals and industry news/journals, and timely submit the deliverables to the stakeholders.
- Serve as US-based liaison bridging between stakeholders in the US (e.g., TBOS, TCAL, Scientific & Competitive Analysis in GOBU, etc.) and RDQA (Shonan and Osaka). Hold frequent communications (e.g., on site discussion and interview with stakeholders) to integrate the stakeholders' needs and interests into RDQA team's strategy and objectives.
- Develop RDQA's scientific and competitive intelligence plan for US stakeholders and conduct the intelligence work. Continuously monitor and analyze competitive landscape and provide the competitive intelligence in response to requests from the stakeholders.
- Partner with other relevant groups in TDSI and contribute to deliver proprietary analytics from the organization.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
- PhD in life science preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of drug industry experience in Research or Development function, preferably in GI, or immunology/immuno-oncology.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with global cross-functional teams in a matrix environment preferred.
- Broad scientific and/or pharmaceutical research exposure highly preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling
- Willingness to travel to conferences and internal meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately 5 % international travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.