Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Director, Resource Management and Planningin ourCambridge, MAoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Resource Management and Planning, you will be empowered to
maximize the effectiveness and efficiency in the use of both financial and human resources in the global Pharmaceutical Sciences organization. A typical day will include:
- Coordinate the annual process of Mid-Range Planning (MRP) of the global PS organization by providing laboratory functions with appropriate guidance and facilitating discussions of goal development. This includes both qualitative aspects (e.g. goals, key initiatives, KPI) and quantitative aspects (i.e. financials)
- Track the progress of divisional key initiatives on regular basis and share it with the senior management to make sure of the successful implementation of MRP goals.
- Closely collaborate with direct cost managers, CAPEX managers, HR department and Finance department, who are primarily responsible for a specific element of the quantitative aspect of MRP, to integrate the financial plan with qualitative goals.
Direct Cost Management Lead
- Consolidate the budget and actual spend for R&D programs on regular basis and provide stakeholders with variance analysis report. The stakeholder includes but is not limited to PS Finance, Therapeutic Area Finance group and divisional senior management. The budget is updated on quarterly basis and the actual variance vs budget is tracked on monthly basis by direct cost managers. This person needs close communications with those managers.
- A point of contact to Finance department. Need to be able to explain what the major cost drivers are, where the risks and opportunities of over/underspending are, etc. and to quantify the impact from the standpoint of PS.
Direct Cost Manager
- Manage the cost of 3 to 5 critical programs in depth by collaborating with program teams. The program manager is primarily accountable for the cost of the program, while this position is responsible for updating the programs budget based on the assumptions which are set by the program team. Budget is updated on quarterly basis and actual variance is tracked on monthly basis.
- There will be 3~4 other people who are direct cost managers both in the Finance department and this department, each supporting 3 to 10 program teams. The direct cost manager in this department will report to this position as the Direct Cost Management Lead.
- A flexible resource who can be engaged in various strategic initiatives, either by leading division-wide initiatives, or representing the division for corporate wide initiatives.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
BS + 16 years; MS + 12 years; PhD + 10 years
- Quantitative Analysis - strong skill of quantitative analysis using Excel and other computer software as needed; Need to be able to grasp high-level trend as well as to take a deep dive into the underlying details.
- Finance & Accounting basic knowledge and understanding on finance and accounting is mandatory; PL vs BS vs CF, CAPEX vs expense, NPV, etc.
- Industries/Business Expertise - knowledge and experience on pharmaceutical sciences, GMP and/or clinical development; Experiences in project management, finance, legal, procurement, business consulting or IT space.
- Resource Management ability to anticipate and manage internal and external resource needs (people, information, technologies, time, and capital).
- Leadership - develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide internal and external stakeholders towards the accomplishment of divisional goals and objectives; adapts well to different personalities and manages others on the team in a respectful manner.
- Communication ability to expresses complex ideas, concepts or data clearly and concisely to key stakeholders; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts style, language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience. Can represent PS viewpoint at divisional level.
Risk Management ability to identify/solve technical, budgetary, and schedule risks to multiple programs and propose appropriate risk response strategies. Ability to identify gaps in PS technology/trends and influence change/improvements to affected areas/processes.
- MBA is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.