Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Medical Director, Global Pharmacovigilance - GI in ourCambridgeoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Medical Director working with our Global Patient Safety Evaluation(GPSE) team, you will be empowered to implement safety-activities for our robust portfolio of global/regional products.
- Supporting Global Safety Lead for designated products or, as appropriate, undertaking a GSI role
- Responsible for oversight of signal detection and risk management activities for designated global products together with usual safety mandated remit
- Flexibility outside of primary therapeutic area as directed by business and departmental need.
- Supporting GSL role for compound(s) both in development and marketed in close association with the TAL
- As appropriate, being the compound(s) GSL
- Intimate awareness of safety for his/her compound responsibilities, including any emerging safety concerns and risk/benefit profile
- As appropriate, mentoring/involvement in a leadership capacity for complex and strategically important programs
- Responsible for development of documents and for negotiation with Regulatory authorities on safety matters involving these compounds. This includes but is not limited to: direct interaction with Regulatory authorities, authorship of safety summaries to support changes to the PI/SmPC, significant contribution to MAAs and NDAs, authorship of Executive Summaries on special safety topics, authorship of Integrated Analyses of Safety (IAS) for CTDs, etc
- Training and mentoring of Pharmacovigilance Physicians and Specialists
- Perform activities required to serve as Global PV physician:
- Review and oversight of safety data, both non-clinical and clinical
- Review and/or sign off of protocols, SAPs, clinical study reports, IBs, IMPD and other documents developed for submission to regulatory authorities
- Interactions with external experts and regulatory agencies and partner/co-development companies
- Maintain professional knowledge and accreditation by active participation in continuing medical education activities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Medical Degree required or internationally recognized equivalent.
- Knowledge of principles of epidemiology and statistics.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to make high level decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present to large internal/external groups
- Good level of computer literacy with Microsoft applications
- US Active license preferred
- EU - registered to practice in the EU.
- Some travel to global Takeda sites may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.