- This position is responsible for performing daily checks and maintenance on facility equipment and systems, while adhering to cGMP standards and corporate safety policies.
- Principal duties and responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of plant utility systems under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor in a rotating shift environment.
- Performs corrective maintenance and routine preventative maintenance on facilities equipment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary. Completes work orders, logs and forms following cGMP documentation practices. Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including but not limited to, high pressure steam boilers; chillers; heating/cooling air handling units; process waste treatment systems; CIP equipment; water purification system (water softening and carbon bed filtration, reverse osmosis equipment, continuous deionization equipment, sanitary pumps, multi-effect distillation equipment); tank mixers; air compressors and dryers; and chilled water distribution systems.
- Ability to specify and complete vendor search for electrical, mechanical and piping materials as necessary to fabricate and install modifications and/or complete repairs on aforementioned equipment; provide maintenance services and technical assistance, as needed, to all departments.
- Responds to service calls and conducts repairs throughout the facility.
- This position will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- May assist in directing contract service providers in the Supervisors absence. .
- Will be assigned to a shift rotation in support of 24/7 plant operations that may require day, evening, or night shifts that will include weekend work.
- Interacts with all departments, primarily at the technical level. May work directly with Facilities Management by providing feedback for establishing or modifying work practices, and assisting in the development of schedules. Will act as a team leader when multiple technicians are working on the same project.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Must possess a State of Minnesota, 1st Class High Pressure Boiler Engineer License, Chiefs License preferred.
- Needs to be mobile with the ability to move throughout the facility as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position
- Will be required to work in a clean room environment and wear special garments.
- Daily routine will also require personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.