- Responsible for feeding, watering and general health observations of animals in rooms as assigned.
- Responsible for general facility upkeep and routine sanitization.
- Operation of cage washers and autoclaves.
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of work completed and animal related observations.
- Administration of prescribed medications under direction of the Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Transport of supplies and equipment between facilities.
- Weekend and holiday work is required on a rotating schedule. Responsible for own work, ensuring quality and meeting deadline.
- Responsible for assessing problems or issues that should be brought to the attention of the supervisor or manager.
- Coaches and trains peers where appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Essential: A.S./B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field or animal experience in a veterinary clinic, zoo etc. HS diploma plus 3 or more years experience working with laboratory animals.
- AALAS certification at ALAT level preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and 50lbs short distances. Ability to push pull large equipment short distances. Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
We are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.