- Provides Preclinical imaging biomarker support across all of Takeda s therapeutic areas utilizing both novel and established imaging technologies and supports Translational and Clinical Imaging with contributions to the Translational Imaging Plan
- Creates and maintains a network of preferred, external, preclinical Imaging partners
- Serves as Subject matter expert and go-to person for Imaging biomarkers and Imaging CDx
- This position will be responsible for providing strategic and technical imaging advice to projects and studies where imaging biomarkers are of added value.
- Provides in-depth technical knowledge of preclinical imaging modalities and instrumentations (MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, X-ray)
- Advises and consults on preclinical imaging studies
- Ensures that both translational and clinical imaging biomarker plan is supported by translational research data
- Provide imaging expertise and represent Imaging on GPTs and CSTs
- provides strategic imaging advice to projects where imaging biomarkers add value
- Engaged in formulating DDU translational strategy and study execution
- Works with Imaging physicians and teams to support patient selection hypotheses are tested in early trials
- Contributes to developing and testing CDx strategy for later stage implementation
- Evaluate cutting edge novel Imaging technologies
- As an in house Imaging expert will work with clinical development teams plus other advanced technology groups and preclinical development teams to optimally devise and implement imaging biomarkers in drug development plans and clinical studies.
- Ensure the proper implementation of imaging in preclinical trials by scientific guidance on choice of imaging core lab and external imaging collaborators, by input into study protocols and trial documents, and by oversight of imaging-component conduct and imaging deliverables.
- Contribute to Imaging group maintaining State of the art knowledge of technical and scientific imaging advances and assess these advances for their potential value in drug development.
- Ensure that Imaging activities are integrated with other advanced biomarker technologies groups including Translational Biomarker Research, Pharmacometrics and Pharmacogenomics to optimize the Translational biomarker plan.
- Serving as a knowledgeable Takeda representative on imaging issues to external imaging experts, imaging biomarker activities and consortia.
- Contribute to developing external relationships with key academic imaging centers , imaging diagnostics companies and imaging CROs
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Master s or PhD scientist /engineer/ physicist) with imaging expertise
- Experience in imaging instrumentation, implementation /analysis and publications will be considered in lieu of doctoral degree.
- Minimum of 10-15 years experience in clinical imaging in drug development and clinical trials
- Cross-imaging modality expertise strongly preferred (MRI, PET, SPECT, CT , X-ray) including basic science knowledge of preclinical and clinical imaging modalities as well as design and implementation of clinical imaging trials.
- Knowledge of preclinical imaging science and data to enable 2-way translation to clinic and back.
- Experience in managing teams in the pharma imaging-related context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including presentational capabilities.
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage in discussions on imaging biomarkers in innovative drug discovery from early preclinical through to late stage development.
- Ability to apply innovative imaging technologies in a fit for purpose manner in the drug discovery process.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Willingness to travel to both internal and external meetings, including overnight trips. National and international travel is required.
- Requires approximately 20% travel
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.