Responsible for independently executing basic/routine and complex experiments and unit operations. Additionally this position participates in planning unit operations/experiments under supervision and drafting support documentation (outside of lab notebooks)
Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on project
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Biologics AD Bioassay:
- Experience with a variety of biological assays, including cell-based assays, ELISAs, flow cytometry, SPR, and/or other assays used to evaluate biological properties and process impurities.
- Adept at conducting routine testing and able to conduct limited troubleshooting of multiple methods; can serve as a trainer for junior colleagues.
- Understanding of cell biology and/or immunology.
- Able to carry out method development, validation, and transfer of methods to internal and external laboratories with some supervision.
- Able to support evaluation of new equipment/methodologies.
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting or Masters degree plus appropriate laboratory training
Knowledge and Skills:
May require approximately 5% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.