The Senior Scientist leads a team focused on insuring that the bacTRAP group utilizes the most effective technology in house and externally for achieving the group s mission of identifying targets for therapeutic area prioritized diseases and in the generation of early target validation data including demonstration of human disease relevance of targets. This includes expanding Takeda s bacTRAP platform technology and the development of new technologies using genetic engineering for gene delivery, modulation, and imaging.
The Senior Scientist and his/her team works closely with other bacTRAP group members to rapidly and efficiently transfer new technologies for use by the group in gene profiling studies for early target identification and assessment.
- Leads a group of scientists in development of new technologies to expand the capabilities of the bacTRAP group
- Assesses and accesses external technology to enable the most effective and technically current operation of the group
- Leads the design of new BAC, plasmid and viral constructs for the genetic profiling and manipulation of physiologically important cell types in vivo
- Applies expertise in mouse genetics and vector design to plan and undertake cell specific transgenic approaches and in vivo gene delivery experiments
- Rapidly and efficiently transfers newly developed technologies to the core bacTRAP group for routine use
- Works closely with the core bacTRAP group to optimize the use of newly developed technologies for specific projects
- Establishes the routine use of stereotactic injections using a variety of chemical compounds, viral vectors, and anatomical tracers as needed for genetic and pathway assessment, molecular profiling, and physiological studies in vivo
- Works and communicates effectively with colleagues of differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Represents the Department at project team meetings and scientific meetings
- Keeps up to date with appropriate literature and scientific developments and use knowledge to propose new programs or support current programs
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in relevant field of biology with 4+ relevant years of experience OR
- MS/MA with 14+ relevant years OR
- BS/BA with 16+ relevant years
- Experience in manipulating the expression of biological targets in vivo and in vivo pharmacology
- Breadth of knowledge in existing and developing molecular technologies, including bacTRAP, CRISPR/Cas9, Single cell seq, RNAseq, IPSCs, GCaMP, and human genetics
- Strong background in using and/or developing new technologies for in vitro and in vivo transcriptional regulation and assessment of gene function
- Highly experienced in in vivo gene delivery systems
- Well versed in technologies used for activating or inhibiting specific cell types using optogenetics and/or RASSLs/DREADDs
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Skilled in statistical analysis, graphing programs and PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work in a lab environment
- May travel to the US and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Approximately 10% travel is required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.