More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- The Senior Outsourcing Lead will develop and implement overarching strategies to ensure appropriate selection, negotiation, contracting and financial management of Takeda s global outsourced R&D services providers, at an early stage, geographic, functional, or therapeutic area level to enable the R&D functions to achieve its objectives.
- This position plays a critical role in building business partner relationships, collaborating with and guiding global functional stakeholders in successfully executing R&D pipeline objectives by aligning Takeda s business requirements with best-fit, best-in-class suppliers, while optimizing costs
- The Senior Outsourcing Lead will lead a team of Clinical Sourcing Managers to achieve these goals
- The role will provide leadership and expertise in good outsourcing management practices/processes. The Senior Manager will lead business relationships with business partners (i.e., TAUs, Clinical Development, Global Medical Affairs, Marketed Products, Clinical Science, Legal, Office of Ethics and Compliance) and escalate management issues as appropriate.
- The Senior Outsourcing Lead will implement and manage a functional strategy for contract management processes and staff aimed at cost reduction, improved services and/or greater efficiency.
- The position will support Category Leaders in activities including but not limited to, executing Category Management projects and/or participating in aspects of these projects. These activities may include, but will not be limited to, projects with global functional stakeholders and/or may include business requirements gathering, data analysis, and RFX content. Additionally, they will:
- Provide support of implementation of global and regional implementation.
- May assume leadership role in category management projects as required.
- May interact with and provide support to Global Governance Committees in the development, review and analysis of strategic partner workload distribution, issue identification and resolution, to ensure success of Takeda business objectives.
- The Senior Outsourcing Lead will lead implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Leads and in alignment with global Process and System team. Once implemented, they will help identify and support continuous improvement activities to drive additional value either winin their own remit or under their responsibility in line with the Category teams and Procurement Lead s guidance
- The Senior Outsourcing Lead will assist with departmental mentorship and development.
- They will ensure Outsourcing Management resources are adequate to achieve therapeutic area objectives.
- Lead and coach Outsourcing Management staff in gathering requirements and implementing contracts to ensure global clinical programs are delivered on time, within budget, and with a high quality outcome. Determine appropriate department resourcing and proactively align resources to meet R&D business objectives.
- Provide direct supervision of Outsourcing Management staff, including staff selection and assignment, overall training, completion of goals, development plans, performance reviews and Talent Management.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of assigned staff to Takeda SOPs and quality standards, including inspection readiness
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring Clinical Sourcing Managers
- Will own sourcing/contracting process at the Therapeutic Area, Functional, or Geographic level
- Challenge demand and the specifications of business partners
- Monitor team progress of requests and provide regular updates to business partners
- Active leader in Global Strategic Outsourcing Management, e.g. leading functional and/or cross-functional committees or initiatives.
- Provides leadership on contracting trends to ensure optimal financial and performance agreements for R&D
- Interacts with and provides support to Global Governance Committees in the development, review and analysis of strategic vendor partner workload distribution, issue identification and resolution, to ensure success of Takeda business objectives.
- Provide Contract Management functional participation in due diligence activities
- Drives the development and implementation of R&D SOPs that govern contracting policies and procedures to ensure global and regional consistency.
- Leads the assessment of contract language and resolves complex contract issues related to budget/payment terms, scope of services, and legal requirements to reduce R&D s legal, financial and quality risks.
- Offers a point of escalation for Outsourcing Management and Clinical study teams.
- Lead Contract Management team in the development and implementation of contracting plans, strategies and budgets to ensure harmonization among project teams for outsourced services.
- Collaborate with category and supplier management in developing, implementing and driving the strategic supplier initiatives
- Work with the Category Team to develop the Annual Plan
- Provide sub-category input to the development of the Category Handbook to translate the Category Strategy and Annual Category Plan into clear, practical guidance for key procurement and functional colleagues
- Work with the required functions or other areas within Procurement to put programs in place to deliver spend accuracy in my category area in line with agreed goals
- Foster strategic business relationships with external suppliers
- Manage group metrics and industry trends and presents data to senior management and executive management
- Conduct the individual performance management process and provide development opportunities
- Support the delivery of Value Contribution targets and sets cost avoidance/savings targets for direct reports
- Support ongoing data cleansing activities for related category area
- Act as a role model for Takeda s values
- Represent Takeda at internal and external meetings.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education: Bachelor s degree. MBA preferred.
8+ years experience in large-scale research and drug development in the pharmaceutical and/or CRO industry, including 5+ years direct personnel management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated success in multi-functional project or task force leadership roles. Proven management and strategic problem-solving skills with the ability to proactively identify critical issues, provide resolutions and implement corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and lead teams with diplomacy. Ability to adapt to other personality types in a respectful manner and willingness to accept views of others to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Excellent teamwork, leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and thorough knowledge of global contracting practices with the ability to analyze complex data and adopt strategies to ensure success in achieving Takeda objectives with appropriate time, quality and cost results.
- Ability to manage internal and external resources to empower, challenge and develop staff within the department, whilst ensuring the task is completed to meet business needs.
- Organizational awareness and the ability to adapt to the needs of the business in a global setting. Solid understanding of the clinical trial process, including GCP, legal and budgeting requirements.
- Superior written, oral, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to represent the company at external meetings with suppliers and external experts. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/present key information to senior and executive management.
- Experience with Vaccines, Early Development or Gastrointestinal (GI) preferred.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.