The Staff Scientist should be able to independently evaluate different target and compounds (small molecules, siRNA, antibodies and others) in cognition-based behavioral models (impulsivity models, attention models, locomotor activity, models to assess memory performance) and generate hypothesis to inform target identification and validation. In addition, the applicant will support lead optimization programs that need translational support with in vivo behavioral models of schizophrenia or autism. Furthermore the applicant should be proficient at rodent handling, dosing, and execution of neurobehavioral studies, tissue collection and surgical support as needed for all in-house in vivo studies.
- Uses in vivo neurobehavioral approaches to design and execute preclinical in vivo rodent studies independently as well in a team environment. This is a laboratory based position, thus it is expected a large amount of involvement and hands-on implication in the experimental design and execution
- Communicates with external partners to design and execute neurobehavioral experiments to inform on the progression of internal programs
- Supports external partnerships and will give his/her input into experiments supporting cognition effects of certain compounds, targets.
- Works independently to establish and validate protocols not yet set up in-house on as needed basis as well as troubleshoot issues by reviewing literature.
- Follows protocols, records detailed observations and data in electronic notebook system, creates summary reports for the projects and communicate results to the teams.
- Manages priorities, sets appropriate weekly workload for the in vivo studies, and trains junior personnel to perform studies.
- Participates in training programs, reviews and studies literature and design experiments, and provides updates at project meetings as appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Exposure to hazardous, radioactive, and toxic chemicals
- Potential exposure to rodent allergens
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.