Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist II, Immuno Biologicsin ourCambridgeoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As aSenior Scientist II, Immuno Biologicsworking on the Immunobiologics team, you will be empowered to design and optimize in vivo and in vitro assays and bridge discovery and development projects, and a typical day will include:
The Immunobiologics group within Immunology Research at Takeda Boston is seeking an experienced Immunologist with extensive understanding of immunological pathways and mechanisms specifically related to tumor biology. The successful candidate will independently design and implement experiments to address immunological mechanisms-of-action of therapeutic molecules from concept to data interpretation. The role is a lab based research scientist who will also be responsible for participating on matrixes project teams, interfacing very closely with members of the Immuno Biologics and Immunoprofiling teams to design and optimize relevant in vivo and invitro assays to support translational efforts by bridging discovery and development projects.
- Designs and develops tumor biology models, immune-oncology related models and translational research to understand mechanism of action responsible for preclinical efficacy for cancer and immunotherapy applications
- Support drug discovery programs by providing relevant scientific and strategic input to project teams regarding relevant biomarkers and pharmacodynamics models.
- Manages resource allocation across programs based on needs and prioritization
- Design, execute and validate a variety of assays to understand target of interest and characterize different biologic therapeutic prototypes for IO applications
- Develop and conduct in vitro and ex vivo mechanism of action studies to support data for efficacy studies
- Contribute and implements new ideas and in vitro proof of concept studies to enable initiation of new discovery project concepts
- Function effectively as a part of both functional and cross functional teams by interfacing with project teams to meet timelines and blueprints for target product profile
- Troubleshoot complex problems in creative and effective ways; whenever necessary and actively participates in innovation and/or optimization of established processes to ensure project goals are met
- Spends 90% time in the laboratory, including hands on mentoring of scientists
- Presents research findings clearly and effectively at internal and external meetings and with participants of all levels of the organization
- Maintain familiarity with the current scientific literature in the Immunotherapy field, contribute to new target ideas and concepts
- Supervises 1-2 junior scientists in Immuno Biologics focusing on pharmacology and cellular assays
- May lead discovery projects
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely data entry into laboratory notebooks
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Immunology with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in industry
- Publications in peer reviewed journals demonstrating achievement in the above
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge in a wide range of immunological assays using primary immune cells including T cells, Macrophages and dendritic cells to design new approaches for tumor killing mechanisms
- Hands on experience and ability to work with minimum supervision in carrying out high throughput data acquisition, analysis, storage and reporting by FACS CANTO, FACS ARIA, ELISA, Luminex, and other flow based cytokine assays is required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture with best practices in tissue culture is required
- Experience working with various mouse models for immunotherapy applications is required
- Experience with primary human cells and tissues is strongly desired
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management and data analysis
- Hands on experience with automated platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work in cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast paced biotech like environment
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Working in a lab environment: standing, walking, bending, etc.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 0-5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please