- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in
interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety to provide safety
support to early discovery teams and engage in core activities within the
Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists
and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry
experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection
and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Apply novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and
integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry
- Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert
advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics selected for
further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and
- Develop comprehensive safety target reviews with risk
mitigation plan for early drug discovery project teams based on
literature, bioinformatics, and other predictive tools.
- Apply state of the art in silico and in vitro
de-risking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large
and small molecule therapeutics
- Lead the development of early hypothesis-driven
investigation into mechanisms of toxicity for the proactive management of
potential safety liabilities and communication of impact to teams
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of MS with 8 years of pharmaceutical experience
or PhD in a scientific discipline with 3 years postdoctoral experience
and/or 5+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical company
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively
in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology,
toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification desirable
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.