Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as aImmunologist in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Immunologist working on the Global Drug Safety research and evaluation team, you will be empowered to help direct pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice on how to design safer, more effective cell, protein and small molecule immunotherapiesand help detect and de-risk immune-medicated toxicities for candidate drug molecules, and a typical day will include:
- Make Immunotherapy Safer | The next generation of immunotherapies come with uncharted safety risks. Help steer pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice to design safer, more effective cell, protein and small molecule immunotherapies.
- Lead Immunotoxicity Strategy | Help drive the global strategy for designing & delivering of state of the art immunoassays to detect & de-risk immune-mediated toxicities for candidate drug molecules.
- Immunology Problem Solving | Unwanted immune activation and inhibition can derail even the most promising drug projects. Work on problem-solving teams to help save these projects & make safer drugs for patients.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Masters in Immunology or related field with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells.
- Cell and molecular biology skills including flow cytometry, application of knock-out, knock-down technology, gene expression analysis, and biomarker assay development and validation
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO
- Broad scientific knowledge including immunology, pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise designing & delivering fit for purpose assays for understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for biomarker development and application, and for derisking drug candidates.
- Experience with liver, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, or immunotoxicity toxicity assays.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 15%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.