Responsible for independently executing basic/routine and complex experiments and unit operations. Additionally this position participates in planning unit operations/experiments under supervision and drafting support documentation (outside of lab notebooks)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting or Masters degree plus appropriate laboratory training
Line Function Specific Qualifications:
- Experience with a variety of standard biochemical analytical techniques, including but not necessarily limited to liquid chromatography, gel or capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopic-based methods.
- Adept at conducting routine testing and able to conduct limited troubleshooting of multiple methods; Understanding of protein properties.
- Able to carry out method development, validation, and transfer of methods to internal and external laboratories for standard methodologies with some supervision.
- Able to support evaluation of new equipment/technologies.
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication Skills - Expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills
- Technical - Proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
May require approximately 5% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.