Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Director, Global Patient Safety specializing in Early Stage Oncologyin ourCambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Director working in our Global Pharmacoviligence team, you will be empowered to implement safety-activities for our robust portfolio of global/regional products.
- Support developmental programs in Oncology, including both early and late stage development as required.
- Responsible for the oversight of signal detection and risk management activities for designated global/regional product(s), together with global safety lead responsibilities as appropriate.
- Supporting Therapeutic Lead
- Line management responsibilities for junior physicians and/or scientists
- Flexible to support compounds/initiatives outside of primary therapeutic area(s) as directed by business and departmental needs
- Expectation of Global Safety Lead (GSL) role for compound(s) both in development and marketed in close association with the Therapeutic Area Leader.
- Company -wide safety expert for his/her compound responsibilities.
- Intimate knowledge of safety, including any emerging safety concerns and risk/benefit profile for own compounds with input for other compounds as needed.
- Serving in a leadership capacity for complex and strategically important programs
- Responsible for development of documents and for negotiation with Regulatory authorities on safety matters involving these compounds. This includes but is not limited to: direct interaction with Regulatory authorities, authorship of safety summaries to support changes to the PI/SmPC, significant contribution to MAAs and NDAs, authorship of Executive Summaries on special safety topics, authorship of Integrated Analyses of Safety (IAS) for CTDs etc.
- Training and mentoring of Patient Safety Physicians and Specialists
- Perform activities required to serve as Global Patient Safety physician:
- Review and oversight of safety data, both non-clinical and clinical
- Review and/or sign off of protocols, SAPs, clinical study reports, IBs, IMPD and other documents developed for submission to regulatory authorities
- Interactions with external experts and regulatory agencies and partner/co-development companies
- Review of safety data and participate in dose escalation decisions
- Authorship and sign off of Safety Monitoring Plan/Risk Management Plan
- Lead data analysis and writing of regulatory submission documents, for license application and variation activities and for safety issues and questions from regulators
- Direct the set up of safety procedures and development of safety exchange agreements for co-development projects
- Maintain professional knowledge and accreditation by active participation in continuing medical education activities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Qualified physician (License, e.g. GMC registered, preferred)
- Knowledge of principles of epidemiology and statistics.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to make high level decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present to large internal/external groups
- Good level of computer literacy with Microsoft applications
- Estimated 5-10 times per year including international travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.