- This position is responsible for performing daily checks and maintenance on facility equipment and systems, while adhering to cGMP standards and corporate safety policies.
- Principal duties and responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of plant utility systems under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor in a rotating shift environment.
- Performs corrective maintenance and routine preventative maintenance on facilities equipment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary. Completes work orders, logs and forms following cGMP documentation practices. Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including but not limited to, high pressure steam boilers; chillers; heating/cooling air handling units; process waste treatment systems; CIP equipment; water purification system (water softening and carbon bed filtration, reverse osmosis equipment, continuous deionization equipment, sanitary pumps, multi-effect distillation equipment); tank mixers; air compressors and dryers; and chilled water distribution systems.
- Responds to service calls and conducts repairs throughout the facility.
- This position will receive minimal instruction on routine work but will receive general instruction on new assignments.
- Will be assigned to a shift rotation in support of 24/7 plant operations that may require day, evening, or night shifts that will include weekend work.
- Primarily interacts with Facility Department personnel. Moderate interaction with other departments.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have a minimum two-year certificate in a technical field such as HVAC, building trades or building utilities program, or equivalent military experience
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and wiring schematics
- Must have good customer service skills and promote a teamwork environment
- Must have the ability to work on projects or assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and will provide recommendations to Facilities Management.
- 2-5 years of maintenance experience
No travel expected with this position.
- Needs to be mobile with the ability to move throughout the facility as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position
- Will be required to work in a clean room environment and wear special garments.
- Daily routine will also require personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.