US-NY, VP, Vendor Management & Procurement 3606164-MZ
The Syneos Health Communications Business Development VP, Vendor Management & Procurement will grow and expand the Company s business development initiatives by leading a business development team in developing and fostering relationships with key decision-makers at biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies within a defined geographic region. Will engage C-level personnel to ensure the Company maintains complementary development pipelines with the potential to become long term and meaningful relationships for the Company.
1. Manages and directs the activities of a business development team. Line management responsibilities include professional development and performance management of assigned staff. Reviews progress and performance of all direct reports. Collaborates with the head of Global Business Development to establish goals for the development and growth of the business development team members.
2. Creates annual and long term business plans for accounts within assigned region, as well as, own accounts. Determines the strategy for further development of business opportunities and strategic alliances within region. Reviews plans on a quarterly basis to determine where adjustments may be required.
3. Plans, implements and reviews monthly objectives of the sales action plan, including budgeting of time and resources, while motivating and communicating, with team about sales action goals and objectives.
4. Ensures business development team maintains up-to-date and accurate records within the salesforce.com database for accounts (active and targeted) within region. This includes items such as account profiles, individual contact details, opportunities, and communications.
5. Maintains professional and up-to-date knowledge in Company designated targeted therapeutic areas and the Company s services capabilities (clinical, data management, statistics, medical writing, functional services, etc.) to serve as a basis for providing value added expanded services to all appropriate clients.
6. Facilitates updates with the business development team, covering new activities in their region and clinical research industry, with urgent and important issues being shared with management as they arise.
BA/BS degree in a science related field, 10+ years related experience, plus extensive experience in clinical research, including business development and management and/or senior management experience. An advanced degree such as MBA/PhD/MD highly preferred. Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail with superior presentation, documentation, negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills and a strong team-oriented approach. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines. Must have valid, current driver s license and ability to secure corporate credit card.
Please visit our website at commercialcareers.syneoshealth.com