Overview You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies and all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented professional for the role of Executive Assistant supporting the President and VP of Human Resources for one of our Syneos Health business units. This position provides high-level executive administrative support and involves scheduling meetings, booking travel, keeping track of time, expenses and invoices, supporting client project processes and internal business initiatives, and keeping up with the fast pace of our senior team members. The Executive Assistant is responsible for identifying and managing the right priorities and processes to ensure our team has what they need to seamlessly serve the needs of our clients. This role will be based at our NYC office location and will be an essential part of the office. Executive Assistants actively participate in office life, are flexible and willing to help all fellow Syneos Health team members, and collaborate across functions.
Key Job Responsibilities
Executive and Senior Management Support/Calendar Management:
- Proactively manage calendar and scheduling for complex internal and external meetings, conferences and professional engagements for designated executives and senior management team with an understanding of business priorities; proactively manages extremely complex calendars
- Effectively prioritize client needs (both within and across different client teams) and revenue generation focus
- Ensure that designated executives and senior management team are prepared with background information for all meetings and events
- Compose and prepare correspondences, documents, presentation materials and reports
- Provide support to other members of the team, as needed
Travel Arrangements/Expense Reports:
- Coordinate all domestic and international travel arrangements end to end including air, hotel and car service; anticipate and proactively handle last minute adjustments or changes
- Prepare and process expense reports with attention to accuracy, timelines and compliance with Corporate policy requirements; track payments and troubleshoot issues
- Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for small to large scale meetings and events; prepare agendas
- Coordinate logistics such as conference rooms, video or teleconference details, AV, lunches etc.
- Order catering items for team meetings; assist w/set-up and clean-up as needed
- Order office supplies for team
- Assist Facilities with potential office moves & scheduling (employee/contractor/interns)
- Assist team w/visitor badge requests and hoteling space as needed (coordinate w/team regarding employees or clients visiting offices (and ALL accommodations)
- Organize and manage administrative project management responsibilities for strategic initiatives, recurring internal business and operational meetings and coordinate onsite and offsite meals and events, as needed
- Track, update and maintain status of project initiatives, 1:1s, meeting action items and deliverable due dates
- Ensure follow-up activities are completed with corporate, regional teams and internal departments such as Recruiting, Legal and Finance
- Proactively support business development efforts by using SalesForce database and tracking/updating related data and task lists
- Communicate, as needed, concerns or delays to the Executive(s) as issues arise that affect overall timelines or performance
- Manage all other special projects that are assigned
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of five years providing executive level support; demonstrated ability to handle diverse, competing priorities in a highly efficient and timely manner
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced and always evolving environment, within professional services firm strongly preferred
- Experience/knowledge of pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor s degree highly preferred
- Self-starter and fast learner with the ability to hit the ground running', setting the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills along with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Highly proficient computer and presentation preparation skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and SharePoint; experience utilizing Oracle expense system a big plus
- Excellent organizational skills with proven success in ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; meet and anticipate frequent deadlines and manage situations through from start to finish
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship of junior team members; superior customer service skills
- Flexibility to work before and after normal business hours, as needed, to respond to business critical needs
Full Syneos Health benefits which include: