Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you re an extroverted expert.
If there s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health on our partnership with Neurelis.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners
Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) are field-based, customer facing representatives of the Medical Affairs Department. The MSL provides non-promotional, disease state and product specific information and medical support that help to ensure the safe and effective use of Neurelis s medicines through scientific interactions with external stakeholders, delivers support to clinical development colleagues with investigators conducting clinical trials, and offers scientific support for internal stakeholders. Medical Science Liaisons are expected to interact with and provide value across a continuum of both Internal (R&D, Commercial, and Marketing) and External Stakeholders (EEs/KOLs, HCPs, etc).
Additionally, the MSL is part of a team responsible for educating healthcare providers about the CNS disease state and products, resolving medical information inquiries in order to provide the highest level of understanding and customer satisfaction, and developing collaborative relationships with External Experts (EEs) and HCPs to optimize patient care.
MSLs are also the primary conduits for Medical Affairs communications and interactions for their assigned EEs, institutions, and organizations. They will also ensure effective communication and coordination across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs strategy and tactics.
Some Additional Pre-Launch responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support clinical development activities and programs including Neurelis and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborate with
- R&D staff to improve site performance.
- Hold individual discussions and meetings with Neurelis-contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants, etc, on topics related to the work being conducted
- Obtain, assimilate, organize, and report appropriate market, competitive, and scientific intelligence in a concise, clear manner, compliant with all applicable policies, procedures, and processes.
- Work with medical colleagues to identify EEs, professional groups, decision-makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and or geography.
Some Additional Post Launch responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and facilitate new sponsored research
- Coordinate new IIT s
- Work with Gov t affairs liaison on medical presentations for managed care and payers
- Participate in medical publications
- Provide scientific training for sales representatives utilizing approved Sales Training materials.
- 3-5 years of MSL experience with strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
- Experience in CNS or related clinical field highly desirable
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design.
- The ability to work as a part of diverse teams.
- High prioritization, results-oriented, and deadline focused skills.
- Able to anticipate challenges and devise strategies for success.
- Self-motivated able to work autonomously and must thrive on challenge.
- Ability to process large amounts of clinical data and information into a format that is relevant to the question, in order to optimally engage
- Ability to maintain a high level of ethical and compliance standards.
- Strong time management and administrative skills able to accurately document interactions in the contact management system.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by example and through accomplishments; steps forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
Able to travel: 60%-70%
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- It is the company's policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical - Cigna; Dental - Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
About Neurelis: Neurelis, Inc. is a privately-held San Diego-based specialty pharmaceutical company devoted to developing treatment options for epilepsy, while also investigating new treatment options for the unmet needs of central nervous system (CNS) disorders.
Neurelis was founded to license, develop, and commercialize product candidates for epilepsy, psychiatry, and the broader central nervous system (CNS) market with an emphasis on rescue therapies that empower patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers. Our extensive expertise in the development and commercialization of CNS compounds, combined with our strong relationships with leading researchers and clinicians in these markets, allows us to advance the development of unique product candidates that address significant unmet medical needs
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled