Overview The freelance project manager/planner is a driver in the financial and vendor aspect of any account. Managing financials (scopes, estimates, and billing worksheets), assisting in revenue forecasting and reconciliations, developing chronologies, coordinating production and handling final distribution.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of all print, digital, and video functions; knows what it takes creatively to develop projects (project steps, capabilities, technologies, creative responsibilities and skills). Utilizes this knowledge in working with the appropriate resources and in interfacing with core teams.
- Identifies problems and solutions to ensure that client/agency needs are met. Fosters problem resolution across core team by deciphering relevant and important facts and information to drive tangible solutions.
- Delivers instructions in a clear, concise manner, providing backup materials and documentation when necessary.
- Responsible for overall financial health of assigned brands:
- Creates and maintains yearly budget scope documents
- Develops estimates (with resource allocations) for individual tactics
- Responsible for keeping these documents up-to-date and in-line with current project assumptions.
- Managing the billing/invoicing process (through billing worksheets)
- Provides input to quarterly reconciliation
- Develops, maintains, and refreshes project timelines (chronologies), which outline crucial milestones (e.g., Pre Kick-offs, Kick-offs, Print and Digital Crossovers), by collaborating with respective team members to ensure that all pertinent concerns have been addressed and agreed upon.
- Creates and monitors project parameters for all jobs.
- Ensures that end product delivers on time without jeopardizing quality.
- When brand requires, works directly with print production houses to communicate print specs and ensure that final printed piece is in line with team expectations.
- On specific brands, maintains production schedule/status and participates in weekly meetings to determine printing logistics and inventory management needs.
- BS / BA (or relevant experience)
- 5+ years experience in advertising/marketing production/delivery
- Good at establishing clear directions; effective communicator; problem-solver; adaptable communication style; organized; understands job responsibilities of others and functions appropriately
- Technical Expertise: MS Office Suite; Experience with Project Management software (nice to have)