We are looking for a Lead Front-End Developer with a passion for building high quality and user-friendly software for our data solutions business. As a Lead Front-End Developer, you will work on essential tools to automate and manage our data and analytic platforms. As a member of the team, you can have a huge impact on everything from the functionality we deliver for our customers, to the architecture of our systems, to the algorithms we employ, to the culture we build. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in developing the front end interfaces for our new platforms. You ll be leaned on as the subject-matter expert when it comes to all-things front end.
Our technical challenges involve applied science, back-end software engineering, and user interface development. We need to build and use hardware for data capture and reporting with applied quantitative algorithms (e.g. machine learning, computer vision) to provide data insights to our clients.
- Experienced hands-on, front end developer leader with strong CS fundamentals with data-structures and algorithms
- Work closely with Product Manager and cross-functional teams in leading the design, development, and implementation of new products as we expand our product and platform offerings
- Create and manage web pages and web sites in Visual Studio using ASP.net Webforms and MVC using .NET languages VB.NET and C#.
- Debug source code in Visual Studio and manage source code using version control programs like Mercurial or Git.
- Manage Windows IIS Web Servers to create new web sites, check health, and deployment to development and production environments
- Load data into SAS or R to get analytical insights on data by running reports and charts
- Create and design market research surveys. Address user issues and improve current functionality taking into account good user design principles by building around the user and being creative
- Evolve our web experience to use fast and fluid rendering and interaction technologies.
- Build great consumer-friendly interfaces that allow consumers an equally effective experience across both web and mobile browsers.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior and mid-level software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
- A design eye to be able to digest mock-ups, visualize UI s, and pick and visually customize components to fit the look of the application
- Architect, develop and support front-end applications and 3rd party data capture and reporting systems and platforms
- Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies and best practices
Skills and Qualifications:
Education, Level and Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience of web development experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Team player who enjoys collaborating and learning with strong problem-solving ability and a positive attitude
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
- Strong communication skills: self-motivated, self-directed individual with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Front End Development experience, focusing on large-scale, consumer-facing websites and web and mobile applications
- Expert in C# and the MVC Framework
- Experience working with JSON objects and communicating with RESTful webservices.
- Experience with one or more web frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone, or similar framework.
- PHP and Object Oriented programming experience preferred
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficiency of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
- Expert in data-modelling and strong foundation in computer science fundamentals: data-structures, algorithms
- Experience with data visualization tools and/or charting / graphing frameworks
- Artificial Intelligence experience preferred, especially with Azure platform
- Experience implementing, extending and supporting 3rd party solutions
- Healthcare experience highly preferred