The Vice President, Managed Markets will elevate market access (MA) to a strategic level in the organization, ensuring patient access to therapies, and that product and development decisions incorporate this element early and effectively. This executive will drive execution of Managed Market strategies and activities which differentiate and demonstrate the patient-centered value to payers, physicians and patients. It is expected that the successful candidate will be a high impact executive, who will build collaborative and trusted relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
The Vice President, Managed Markets position is critical to successfully achieving growth strategy and therefore this is a high impact position with considerable visibility across the company. This is a highly compelling opportunity for an experienced leader with strong strategic skills, commercial acumen, market knowledge and competitive success.
- Identify and implement new and innovative ways to include the market access view proactively in the commercial value chain.
- Set and develop innovative and value-based pricing strategies; articulate overarching pricing strategies and approaches, taking into account the realities of local markets; and anticipate potential pricing changes.
- Develop capabilities and processes to channel insights from different markets consistently, in a timely manner, such that they may be appropriately integrated into development strategies.
- Develop value-based arguments and evidence to support these messages.
- Develop and manage in partnership with Regional Directors and country managers government affairs activities in select markets globally.
- Develop effective communication and information flow, translate real world data to key internal constituencies, and ensure that market access considerations are a core element of product strategy.
- Play an important role in due diligence efforts and evaluation of in-licensing candidates.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry dynamics, economic and reimbursement trends and information on competitors/products. Assess the potential impact of emerging market changes, particularly in the context of Healthcare Reform, and develop and communicate recommendations to the global leadership team to proactively address evolving market dynamics.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. Strong career progression and a track record of success in leadership roles of increasing size, scope and complexity. Broad functional Managed Markets expertise in/exposure to market access and its various sub-components, with particular emphasis on payer strategy, pricing and government affairs.
- Commercial leadership experience and expertise in a broad range of therapeutic areas, markets and channels. Understands changing market dynamics, competitive environment, commercial strategies and pricing economics at all stages of the product life cycle. Recent experience with innovative approaches to market access is attractive.
- Prior experience leading a team of senior direct reports and managing multiple functions with unique expertise. Has consistently achieved patient and market access and delivered objectives by providing strategic and operating support to business units, prioritizing limited resources, and collaborating across the company.
- Extensive knowledge of global healthcare systems, with particular emphasis on the US. This will include experience with key stakeholders (e.g. patients, physicians, hospitals, suppliers, insurers, government authorities/officials, employers and advocacy groups). Understands market dynamics that are driving changes in these systems and their potential impact on stakeholders.
- Global and multicultural executive with demonstrated experience developing strong relationships and influencing outcomes across disparate geographies; multi-lingual skills are a distinct advantage.
- Superb leadership and exceptional management skills in recruiting, developing, retaining and motivating high-performance, cross-functional (clinical, sales, managed markets, regulatory, legal, R&D, project management) teams through market development and expansion activities.
- Entrepreneurial experience with drive with a bias for action to successfully manage multiple project deadlines in a hands-on manner within a fast-paced work environment.
- An undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline is required; a M.B.A. strongly preferred
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical Cigna; Dental Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)