The Data Science group at Syneos Health is looking for a strong leader with solid statistical skills and experience in working with healthcare or media data sets. This person will set the vision and culture for a world-class Data Science practice across Syneos Health.
You will also collect and analyse data, build models and forecasts, manage innovative research projects, develop and validate new methodologies -- to help us and our clients understand how to be more effective and efficient in communicating about health choices. Lastly you will be a thought leader and driver of innovation with data in our space.
Syneos Health Communications is a network of PR, communications, branding, and advertising companies that help bring new medical products to market.
We are expanding the group that helps the company s clients -- biopharma companies -- make better marketing decisions through advanced uses of data. You will be instrumental in identifying the right approaches, tools, and methods, as well as opportunities to put them to use.
We have the data, you bring the science.You will lead a multi-function team to make better decisions, faster, and at scale. You'll work collaboratively with data/systems engineers, data analysts, data-driven media team members, and data modelers to shorten the time between insight and action enabling innovative technologies and methodologies and mentoring data scientists, analysts, and clients.
What you'll do with us:
- Build our Data Science team further through smart hires, partnerships, and building strong connections across the Syneos Health network of companies.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a budding team of data/systems engineers, data analysts, and data modelers to support data-driven scaled decision-making across the organization.
- Working directly with our media practice to develop data-driven media plans that project audience engagement and campaign ROI.
- Create the right environment for a team to perform relevant analyses: business unit analytics of key performance indicators, scaled customer segmentation, propensity and targeting, demand forecasting, and recommendations both internally and for our clients.
- Strategize and prioritize opportunities for enhanced analytics and modeling to maximize impact on the organization.
- Scope, design, and lead deeply analytical projects for the company; present findings and make recommendations to key constituencies, leadership, and company-wide.
- Develop measurable/actionable KPIs and success metrics across the company.
- Champion data governance and stewardship across the organization.
- Maintain team self-sufficiency by enhancing self-service, automation, and scaled approaches to decision making.
What you're bringing to us:
- A passion for mentorship with proven leadership and communication skills
- Inquisitive, creative, and analytical mindset
- Technical breadth along with technical depth
- Passion for insight and delivery.
What you've worked on before:
- Experience with digital client based services business (PR, medical communications, advertising)
- 10+ years work experience, 5+ years managing a data/ analytics teams
- Graduate degrees in relevant field
- Strong technical skills to include SQL, Python, Tableau, etc
- Experience working with media teams
- Experience with an operational company, supply chain, and forecasting a plus
- Experience implementing or managing data infrastructure a plus.
- Collecting data
- Defining sampling frames
- Retrieving data from databases (SQL) and public web APIs (Python, R)
- Scraping data from online sources (Python libraries)
- Designing A/B experiments
- Designing and executing Mechanical Turk HITs (HTML, CSS)
- Analysing data
- Conducting statistical analyses such as: hypothesis testing, segmentation (factor analysis, k-means clustering, latent class), multidimensional scaling, regressions and discrete choice models, decision trees (CHAID/CART), structural equation modelling, correspondence analysis. (SPSS, R, Python)
- Creating visualizations using common JS libraries and dashboarding platforms (Tableau)
- Ship: executing the day-to-day tasks; delivering projects on time and within parameters
- Skills and knowledge. Background (advanced degree) in STEM, statistics, data science, economics, engineering, experimental psychology, or another quantitative field.
- Independent problem-solving and grit.
- Drive: identifying and pursuing the most impactful opportunities. Requires an entrepreneurial, self-directed attitude, creativity, and familiarity with the business context (healthcare marketing). Obsessive accuracy when it comes to numbers.
- Grow: being able to solve problems of increasing complexity. Requires awareness of gaps in one s own skills and knowledge, and a motivation to fill them; lots of self-directed learning. We will be happy to provide access to online tutorials, textbooks, and reference materials