There s one thing you do that s exceptional: lead.
You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate clinicians, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Director role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
The Medical Science Liaison Field Director is a scientific, field-based professional that is responsible for conducting trusted, unbiased scientific exchange in the field with prioritized stakeholders, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and advocacy organizations in support of Medical Affairs strategies while also leading and managing the MSL team across the country.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following
- Lead and manage a team of MSLs ensuring the team executes the MSL strategic and tactical plans efficiently, effectively and compliantly while following all Syneos Health and EUSA corporate policies and procedures
- Represent field medical with all internal stakeholders to align strategic plans across the organization
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain scientific relationships with stakeholders while developing a strong understanding of clinical practice as it relates to areas of interest for client
- Identify the medical information needs and research interests of stakeholders
- Serve as the primary resource to provide support for addressing unsolicited medical questions and other scientific exchange matters
- Participate in the development of a customer-centric strategic MSL engagement plan and supporting tactical activities to support Medical Affair s goals and objectives
- Provide education on topics related to Medical Affairs strategies
- Act as a key liaison in support of investigator sponsor trials (ISTs) and company-sponsored clinical trials as requested
- Identify, gather, and document field generated scientific insights to inform executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies
- Maintain scientific and clinical knowledge base through continuous learning and awareness of related scientific literature to enable meaningful scientific exchange
- Collaborate with field based Medical colleagues, appropriate Commercial colleagues, and the broader organization to provide scientific expertise and share Medical insights in support of internal and external activities
- Support activities such as publications, medical conference staffing, advisory boards, speaker training and formulary presentations
- Up to 75% travel required
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- 5+years experience as an MSL and/or in Medical Affairs Department
- 3+ years field medical leadership experience
- Experience working in Medical Affairs Department required
- Experience Hematology/oncology required
- Experience with Orphan/Rare Disease Preferred
- Experience including publication, planning, medical information,
advisory board development, and investigator sponsored and company sponsored clinical trials
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Strong time management and
proven track record
- Strong problem solving skills
- Business Acumen
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company's policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical - Cigna; Dental - Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet Vehicle
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)