While reporting to the Syneos Health VP of Field Sales and dotted line to the EUSA President, this role will lead the hiring and execution of the field launch strategy for currently the only licensed treatment (a monoclonal antibody) for patients with idiopathic Multicentric Castleman s Disease (MCD) in partnership with EUSA Leadership. The National Business Director will be the primary contact for the EUSA US President on all matters related to the partnership and provide leadership, management and financial and operations oversight in partnership with EUSA Leadership. This role will function as the primary liaison between client and internal Syneos Health operational elements.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the strategy and key priorities of the client
- Integrate with client leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams to ensure collaborative approach to support field sales success.
- Proactively recommend solutions to enhance the client s performance, leveraging Selling Solutions capabilities and other services as appropriate to support client competitiveness
- Identify opportunities to complement client s capabilities with Syneos Health capabilities to further strengthen the partnership
- Function as the primary liaison between client and internal Syneos operational elements, ensuring Syneos employees working with client understands strategy and incorporates that into their recommendations
- Facilitate a culture of accountability through ongoing cadence discussions with Syneos Field Leaders, Syneos Health internal partners (Business Analytics, HR, Commercial Capabilities, Client Services) and client stakeholders (Brand, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations) to identify scalable business practices and to problem solve potential field barriers to effective execution.
- Responsible for overall P&L of the contract
- Ensure contracted services, information flow and all other deliverables are completed on time
- Collaborate on development of performance goals and objectives at all levels and appropriate measures to ensure achievement
- Collaborate with Analysis & Reporting to design reports and tools to monitor attainment of goals established in the client agreement
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and staffing of the management, sales and account team
- Minimize regrettable turnover through selection process and ongoing leadership actions.
- Leverage performance management tools to quickly identify performance level and direct resources to manage appropriately in a timely fashion
- Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
- Collaborate on incentive compensation plan design and oversee plan administration
- Establish performance expectations and oversee activity of direct reports within field management and Client Services structure, including adherence to policies
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the client to discuss and address business issues
- Recommend positive solutions toward increasing productivity and improved operational efficiency
- Oversee performance management process for all team members and ensure fair, timely resolution of disciplinary process
- Conduct regular meetings with the account and field sales management teams as well as periodic interaction with representatives to discuss program issues, training needs and personnel development
- Assess training needs and recommend solutions, as appropriate
- Maintain or expand business opportunities within existing Client base to include additional services
- Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees
- Bachelor s degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of commercial pharmaceutical experience VP / National Leadership Experience
- Rare/Orphan Disease or Hematology Experience/Pathology Highly desirable
- 2+ years of Brand and Commercial Operations experience
- Proven, successful history in leadership, management, and operational oversight
Other Critical Skills:
- Consistent track record of sales success
- Launch Experience
- Rare disease mindset (One patient at a time)
- Adept at running sales teams
- Experience in a smaller company setting (can-do approach, ability to wear many hats)
- Project Management