You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developedand commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Responsibilities This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You ll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients. High-level details in one sentence about the role. More specifically:
- Provide administrative support to designated executives (Director-level and above), with secondary support to Senior Engagement Managers, Engagement Managers, and junior consulting team members as able and requested, including, but not limited to the following:
- Organize and manage all aspects of new business development follow-up activities, attending related meetings and creating templates as necessary; enter and update contact and meeting-related information into Connections per company protocol; organize and execute mailings, electronic campaigns, and outreach programs as needed for business development efforts, collaborating with the Marketing team as needed.
- Coordinate the administrative workflow of the COE team(s) directly or among multiple administrative team members.
- Compose and type correspondence and other printed materials, as needed; prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail, faxes, overnight delivery, etc.
- Manage document production (printing and binding of client deliverables and business development materials).
- Coordinate and arrange COE, regional, and client meetings, prepare agendas (as needed), reserve/prepare facilities, and ensure meetings run smoothly and on time; confirm appointments with meeting attendees the day prior to the appointment and monitor schedules for changes made by others (resolving conflicts and rescheduling accordingly, as needed).
- Provide administrative support, as assigned, for billable projects, ensuring time is billed appropriately.
- Arrange conference calls and WebEx sessions.
- Provide back-up coverage for other administrative team members.
- Assist Office Manager (as needed) with local recruiting event tasks, as follows:
- Greet and monitor execution of candidates paperwork (e.g., NDAs, application, etc.) and promptly forward to Recruiter.
- Monitor timely completion of individual interviews.
- Administer candidate tests and promptly forward results to Recruiter.
- Coordinate last-minute agenda changes or other recruiting issues with Recruiter.
- Coordinate individual and/or team lunches with candidate(s).
- Manage a high volume of administrative tasks frequently requiring overtime work, and occasionally requiring travel, while maintaining accuracy, neatness and attention to detail.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all levels of the organization, demonstrating strong communication skills.
- Maintain strong knowledge and application of best business practices, procedures, policies and processes.
- Prioritize internal activities and consulting work to meet practice and corporate objectives, exercising confidence, initiative and good judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrate complete mastery of all corporate software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, eExpense, WebEx, Teleconferencing, Budget Tracking System, Connections, Time Reporting System, etc.) and routinely share that expertise with others.
- Seek and recommend improvements to departmental procedures, creating enhancements in efficiency and service to consulting teams.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Three or more years experience supporting VP-level business executives
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Previous professional services or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Full Syneos Health Consulting benefits which include: