There s one thing you do that s exceptional: lead.
You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate clinicians, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Director role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
Reporting to the Vice President of Market Access & Reimbursement, the Patient Access Director is responsible for the successful program launch of the Patient Access program. Managing through a team of Patient Access Managers, the Director will oversee the activities and performance of a team of Patient Access Specialists. The National Director will be responsible for meeting or exceeding program goals.
- Identify, hire and retain qualified candidates for Patient Access program
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of the Patient Access Managers
- Collaborate on development of performance goals and objectives at all levels and appropriate measures to ensure achievement. Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
- Devise and institute an integrated national business plan in collaboration with overlapping business partners to achieve business goals with all targeted customers
- Utilize expertise in Patient Access experiences to advise client on opportunities for Patient Access team within the neuroscience market, specifically related to Site of Care management
- Demonstrates relentless drive to achieve business goals for the national team and can understand and evaluate the potential impact of external events on the approved team strategies
- Approve and assist in the implementation of each district plans for the program
- Demonstrates strong strategic thinking and communications skills by collaborating with customers and key stakeholders (including supplier stakeholders) to help shape the customer s perception of our client and their portfolio
- Patient Access Director is responsible for the national budget and expense management
- Frequent travel required to home office/client
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
- Bachelor s degree required. Master s Degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years in healthcare/pharma required, 5+ years in field pharma/Biotech leadership position, preferred
- Strong program management within pharma industry required. Experience developing and managing Patient Access/Reimbursement teams highly desired.
- Strong business acumen to include HR, finance, compliance, analytics and regulatory team interface
- Excellent organization skills, especially in project planning, implementation and team management
- Ability to identify strategies with greatest business impact, formulate appropriate business plans within the approved strategy, and direct the team to execute the plan.
- Thorough understanding of the customer segments and market dynamics within the Neuroscience area preferred
- Previous successful work experience in management of teams.
- Ability to negotiate and influence cross-functional internal and client teams
- Current driver s license and clean driving record
- Ability to travel overnight up to 75%
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company's policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Fleet Vehicle
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical - Cigna; Dental - Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)