Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you re an extroverted expert.
If there s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.
The Medical Science Liaison is a scientific, field-based professional that is responsible for conducting trusted, unbiased scientific exchange in the field with prioritized stakeholders, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and advocacy organizations in support of Medical Affairs strategies. This individual must demonstrate an elevated level of both scientific and medical knowledge, professional integrity and ethical standards for all interactions.
- Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain scientific relationships with stakeholders while developing a strong understanding of clinical practice as it relates to areas of interest for client
- Identify the medical information needs and research interests of stakeholders
- Serve as the primary resource to provide support for addressing unsolicited medical questions and other scientific exchange matters
- Participate in the development of a customer-centric tactical engagement plan to support Medical Affair s strategies
- Provide education on topics related to Medical Affairs strategies
- Act as a key liaison in support of investigator sponsor trials (ISTs) and client clinical trials as requested
- Identify, gather, and document field generated scientific insights to inform executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies
- Maintain scientific and clinical knowledge base through continuous learning and awareness of related scientific literature to enable meaningful scientific exchange
- Collaborate with field based Medical colleagues, appropriate Commercial colleagues, and the broader organization to provide scientific expertise and share Medical insights in support of internal and external activities
- Support activities such as publications, medical conference staffing, advisory boards, speaker training and formulary presentations
- Up to 65% travel required
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) required with a minimum of three years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience
- Three or more years experience as a Medical Science Liaison with primary emphasis on field based scientific exchange Neuroscience and/or digital healthcare experience preferred Clear understanding of MSL roles/responsibilities and Medical Affairs activities, including publication planning, medical information, advisory board development & management
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communications/presentation skills
- Strong scientific and clinical acumen
- Clean and valid driver s license
It's great if you also have:
- Pharmaceutical business and market knowledge and experience are considered an asset
- Ability to quickly understand and translate complex scientific data and realize the potential impact of that data on clinical practice and potential research needs
- High emotional intelligence (EQ), with strong listening skills to be able to effectively communicate to a broad group of customers Strong ability to influence laterally and build and leverage networks
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work effectively and deliver results with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment
- Flexibility, resilience and creativity/ innovation in their work
- Ability to function in a highly regulated environment while adhering to all client Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), conducting all activities in a highly ethical and compliant manner
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company's policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical - Cigna; Dental - Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet vehicle
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)