Picture it: being an MSL for an entirely new category of digital therapeutics for Akili Interactive, a prescription digital medicine company, with the employment support and resources of Syneos Health. If there s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in science. You ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health/ Akili Interactive.
The Medical Science Liaison is a scientific, field-based professional that is responsible for conducting trusted, unbiased scientific exchange in the field with prioritized stakeholders, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and advocacy organizations in support of Medical Affairs strategies. In your role, you ll support Akili s first FDA-cleared, prescription digital therapeutic offering children suffering from ADHD an effective and engaging treatment alternative to traditional medications. You ll be surrounded by others who, like you, care deeply about helping people by helping to bring a new treatment option to patients, doing it right, and enjoying themselves in the process.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain scientific relationships with stakeholders while developing a strong understanding of clinical practice as it relates to areas of interest for client (initially ADHD)
- Identify the medical information needs and research interests of stakeholders
- Serve as the primary resource to provide support for addressing unsolicited medical questions and other scientific exchange matters
- Participate in the development of a customer-centric tactical engagement plan to support Medical Affair s strategies
- Identify, gather, and document field generated scientific insights to inform executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies
- Provide education on topics related to Medical Affairs strategies
- Act as a key liaison in support of investigator sponsor trials (ISTs) and client clinical trials as requested
- Maintain scientific and clinical knowledge base through continuous learning and awareness of related scientific literature to enable meaningful scientific exchange
- Collaborate with field based Medical colleagues, appropriate Commercial colleagues, and the broader organization to provide scientific expertise and share Medical insights in support of internal and external activities
- Support activities such as publications, medical conference staffing, advisory boards, speaker training and formulary presentations
- Up to 65% travel required
This territory encompasses NJ, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio and PA.
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) required with a minimum of three years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience
- Two or more years experience as a Medical Science Liaison with primary emphasis on field based scientific exchange
- Neuroscience, medical device and/or digital healthcare experience preferred
- Flexibility, resilience and creativity/ innovation
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communications/presentation skills
- Strong scientific and clinical acumen
- Clean and valid driver s license
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company's policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical - Cigna; Dental - Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet vehicle
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Akili Interactive (www.akiliinteractive.com) is a prescription digital medicine company combining scientific and clinical rigor with the ingenuity of the tech industry and engaging video game mechanics to reinvent medicine. Specifically, Akili builds digital neurologic treatments engineered to directly improve cognitive deficits to aid those with ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and Alzheimer s. We believe in helping people, doing things right, and in the power of enjoyment. To us, good isn t good enough. We have the courage to do things differently and we welcome those who aren t afraid to challenge the status quo with us. We put the hard work in that others shy away from, because it s the right thing to do. We have focused on creating digital medicine that s captivating, accessible, and enjoyable. This philosophy is born of marrying two very different worlds: medical science and creative video game development and it extends to our employee experience, too. We re committed to ensuring that working with Akili will be challenging, inspiring, and fun.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)