You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There's one thing you do that's exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate sales professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a National Business Director role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas - more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The National Business Director will be the primary contact on all matters related to the project and provide leadership, operational management, financial support and oversight that aligns to client strategy and business goals. Primary partnership lead to link strategy to execution in order to deliver client value and accelerate growth of aligned business objectives. Function as the primary liaison between the client and internal Syneos operational elements to ensure alignment with strategy and incorporate that into their recommendations. Ability to push the needle forward by challenging the statue quo and developing the strategic roadmap for the business units.
Key Job Responsibilities: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Understand the strategy and key operational priorities of the client
- Integrate with client leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams to ensure collaborative approach to support field sales success.
- Proactively recommend solutions to enhance the client's performance, leveraging Selling Solutions capabilities and other services as appropriate to support client competitiveness
- Identify opportunities to complement client's capabilities with Syneos capabilities to further strengthen the partnership
- Function as the primary liaison between client and internal Syneos operational elements, ensuring Syneos employees working with client understands strategy and incorporates that into their recommendations
- Facilitate a culture of accountability through ongoing cadence discussions with Syneos Field Leaders (SLLs, FLLs), Syneos internal partners (Business Analytics, HR, Commercial Capabilities, Client Services) and client stakeholders (Brand, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations) to identify scalable business practices and to problem solve potential field barriers to effective execution.
- Responsible for overall P&L of the contract
- Ensure contracted services, information flow and all other deliverables are completed on time
- Collaborate on development of performance goals and objectives at all levels and appropriate measures to ensure achievement
- Collaborate with Analysis & Reporting to design reports and tools to monitor attainment of goals established in the client agreement
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and staffing of the management, sales and account team
- Minimize regrettable turnover through selection process and ongoing leadership actions. Leverage performance management tools to quickly identify performance level and direct resources to manage appropriately in a timely fashion
- Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
- Collaborate on incentive compensation plan design and oversee plan administration
- Establish performance expectations and oversee activity of direct reports within field management and Client Services structure, including adherence to policies
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the client to discuss and address business issues
- Recommend positive solutions toward increasing productivity and improved operational efficiency
- Oversee performance management process for all team members and ensure fair, timely resolution of disciplinary process
- Conduct regular meetings with the account and field sales management teams as well as periodic interaction with representatives to discuss program issues, training needs and personnel development
- Assess training needs and recommend solutions, as appropriate
- Maintain or expand business opportunities within existing Client base to include additional services
- Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees
- Bachelors Degree Minimum - MBA Preferred
- 10+ Years Life Sciences industry experience, medical device is preferred
- 5+ Years Life Sciences management experience, some software experience is preferred
- ADHD experience highly preferred
- Proven launch execution experience
- Operational leadership experience, having start-up experience is a plus
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Proficient with hardware and software technology
Trust and Credibility
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Prioritizing
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
Competitive compensation, bonuses and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
Years Exp 8-10
Position Type/Category Sales-Field Management
Travel About 50%
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Employment/Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Syneos Health position